+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!!! Should my GF and I get married before I come for postGrad->PR? or after?

duke_nguyen

Nov 4, 2014
Hi, I am coming to Vancouver for Post Grad degree, work and PR after.
I graduated from UC Irvine, US with BA- Economics. Have 3.5 years of working experience -1.5 in US ( tax, customer service, property management) and 2 in Vietnam( logistics+sales). I had my student permit+visa to come to Canada and will be in Vancouver this winter for post grad in Marketing. My GF is still in Vietnam.

Someone from Vancouver told me I should get married before I go because it would be easier to get my GF-soon to be wife- to Canada with me and when I get PR, both of us can get PR.

However, couple more people from Canada- Calgary- told me a different story, they told me that I should get PR first because it is easier for 1 person to get PR than a couple to get PR. I am very confused right now and need your advice. ;D

Please let me know what you guys think?

Thank you and best regards,

P/S: What is the best+fastest way to get PR in BC Vancouver? I am still Vietnam citizen

Have a great week y'all.

Canadian fan

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
duke_nguyen said:
Hi, I am coming to Vancouver for Post Grad degree, work and PR after.
I graduated from UC Irvine, US with BA- Economics. Have 3.5 years of working experience -1.5 in US ( tax, customer service, property management) and 2 in Vietnam( logistics+sales). I had my student permit+visa to come to Canada and will be in Vancouver this winter for post grad in Marketing. My GF is still in Vietnam.

Someone from Vancouver told me I should get married before I go because it would be easier to get my GF-soon to be wife- to Canada with me and when I get PR, both of us can get PR.

However, couple more people from Canada- Calgary- told me a different story, they told me that I should get PR first because it is easier for 1 person to get PR than a couple to get PR. I am very confused right now and need your advice. ;D

Please let me know what you guys think?

Thank you and best regards,

P/S: What is the best+fastest way to get PR in BC Vancouver? I am still Vietnam citizen

Have a great week y'all.
Hi,

I think the best thing is to go to Canada and complete your study without getting married. After you studies is completed you can get married and apply for PGWP i.e. open work permit for both you and your wife. Both can work and after 1 year of work you can get an easy PR. Since both of you have been in Canada atleast for an year.

Hope it helps.
Good Luck!

duke_nguyen

Nov 4, 2014
Hi,

Sound wonderful! What about if I get PR first then sponsor her? Which one is better work permit for 2 or that?

Thank you so much for your help

dreamzzz

Star Member
Mar 20, 2014
canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
16-june-2016
Med's Done....
passed 12-july-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2015
what if some one like me gets married before completing study? how would that effect? while i study whe can have ( if she gets) the wp=work permit, while i comlple my study, she works and after one yr of her work she can apply through cec, i am still studying and gets 3 yr pswp and then i also work while she gets her pr,,....... any flaws???

dufferdexter

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Hisar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
soon
IELTS Request
04-2014 academic
dreamzzz said:
what if some one like me gets married before completing study? how would that effect? while i study whe can have ( if she gets) the wp=work permit, while i comlple my study, she works and after one yr of her work she can apply through cec, i am still studying and gets 3 yr pswp and then i also work while she gets her pr,,....... any flaws???
u can try discussing this situation with an immigration expert.
As for myself , I got the same issue .