+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: Send study permit to wrong OSC address

Scott Leraque

Aug 28, 2020
Hi guys,
My study permit has a mistake at my name, so I had to fill the "Request to Amend Valid Temporary Resident Documents or Information Contained in the Confirmation of Permanent Residence" to IRCC to correct it. I sent a package that have that amendment document, my study permit, and some of my personal document. I used Xpresspost service from Canada Post to send it to IRCC. The problem is I send it to "Operations Support Centre (OSC) P.O. Box 8784 STN T CSC Ottawa, Ontario K1G 5J3" instead of "
"Operations Support Centre (OSC) 365 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1". After 2 months and several contact to IRCC, they confirmed with me that they haven't received my package and that address I sent to them is wrong. This is the first time I use mail service, and I was so confused about their 2 addresses. I didn't require signature form receiver when I gave the package to Canada Post. I just have a tracking of that package. I don't know what to do now. My study permit is in that package. I need help from you guys. Thank you

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
If IRCC replied you saying they are yet to receive it, you have no other option that to resend it to the right address. The earlier the better, especially if the correction is case sensitive.

All the best

Scott Leraque

Aug 28, 2020
If IRCC replied you saying they are yet to receive it, you have no other option that to resend it to the right address. The earlier the better, especially if the correction is case sensitive.

All the best
I can't resend it since they require the original study permit in the package. I only have one study permit, and it's in the package that I sent to that wrong OSC address.

iamevan

Nov 12, 2019
Hi guys,
My study permit has a mistake at my name, so I had to fill the "Request to Amend Valid Temporary Resident Documents or Information Contained in the Confirmation of Permanent Residence" to IRCC to correct it. I sent a package that have that amendment document, my study permit, and some of my personal document. I used Xpresspost service from Canada Post to send it to IRCC. The problem is I send it to "Operations Support Centre (OSC) P.O. Box 8784 STN T CSC Ottawa, Ontario K1G 5J3" instead of "
"Operations Support Centre (OSC) 365 Laurier Avenue West, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1". After 2 months and several contact to IRCC, they confirmed with me that they haven't received my package and that address I sent to them is wrong. This is the first time I use mail service, and I was so confused about their 2 addresses. I didn't require signature form receiver when I gave the package to Canada Post. I just have a tracking of that package. I don't know what to do now. My study permit is in that package. I need help from you guys. Thank you
Hello,

If you used Canada Post Xresspost, then the correct address to send it to is:
Operations Support Centre (OSC)
P.O. Box 8784 STN T CSC
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 5J3

"If sent by private courier or registered mail:
Request to Amend Valid Temporary Resident Documents or Information Contained in the
Confirmation of Permanent Residence
365 Laurier Avenue West,
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1"

Why did you say you sent it to the wrong address?

Reactions: atreyanischal

Harmanrai14

Jan 8, 2022
Hello,

If you used Canada Post Xresspost, then the correct address to send it to is:
P.O. Box 8784 STN T CSC
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 5J3

"If sent by private courier or registered mail:
Request to Amend Valid Temporary Resident Documents or Information Contained in the
Confirmation of Permanent Residence
365 Laurier Avenue West,
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1"

Why did you say you sent it to the wrong address?
Hi guys,
Hey I am experiencing a same problem, I sent it to PO Box 8784 address, what should I do now ? Help me pls

natashaaa.i

Jan 12, 2022
hi how were you able to solve this? i sent mine like two months ago and no update so far. im not sure what to do

I can't resend it since they require the original study permit in the package. I only have one study permit, and it's in the package that I sent to that wrong OSC address.

Feb 24, 2022
Hi I am also experiencing the same problem did anyone know the solution of like how to amend my document as it has been already one month , I sent to same address like PO BOX 8784 and I have not received my amended study permit yet

Harmanrai14

Jan 8, 2022
Hi I am also experiencing the same problem did anyone know the solution of like how to amend my document as it has been already one month , I sent to same address like PO BOX 8784 and I have not received my amended study permit yet
I can’t say much since mine was work permit, have you received any emails from them ?, I think it takes time so don’t worry, you will get it soon, I also sent through PO Box 8784, be patient

Harmanrai14

Jan 8, 2022
Hello! Can you please tell when did you submit and when u got it back? It will be really helpful if you could tell. Thank you!
I sent my work permit on 7 Jan and IRCC received it on 13 and I got my work permit back on 24 Jan. It took less time because I attached letter of urgency. I basically attached the letter that says “I am not able to open a bank account since details are wrong in my work permit and I can’t get SIM card so please make this amendment urgent.” There is one section of the official website that states urgent matter, check their too. I will pray you will get yours fast too

Aish8

Star Member
Apr 17, 2019
I sent my work permit on 7 Jan and IRCC received it on 13 and I got my work permit back on 24 Jan. It took less time because I attached letter of urgency. I basically attached the letter that says “I am not able to open a bank account since details are wrong in my work permit and I can’t get SIM card so please make this amendment urgent.” There is one section of the official website that states urgent matter, check their too. I will pray you will get yours fast too
Thanks a lot for replying, may I know what was your amendment regarding? Thank you!