+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Required with work hours in Employment letter.

IMMI_123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Hello Seniors,

I am planning to submit my application for CEC by next month. Here is my situation. Need your valuable advice. Thanks in advance.

1) Employment letter: My HR gave me an employment letter where there is no mention of weekly hours, but it covers the rest of the details.(I can not ask her to add the hours , since they don't provide employment letters for PR purpose). But , all my pay stubs carry the weekly hours ( Bi-weekly salary structure). What should do now? Can I take all my pay stubs ( 2 years worth) to an attorney and compile an affidavit for the hours and also add a explanation/covering letter regarding the hours? and also add photo copy of the pay stubs?

2) I am here on my work permit , which is getting expired in the first of Aug. My employer is working on getting my permit extended.
In case, if I need to go back to India ( if my work permit doesn't get extended on time or if there is no project), what should I do for the following:

a) Communication/residential address : While filling the app, I am providing my current address for both communication. and residential address ( since currently I live in this country). Also, I am planning to provide email address. If I move back to India, I need to inform CIC about my move ( planning to inform CIC once i receive the AOR/file no as suggested in this forum). Per my understanding, I don't need worry about my communication/residential address since I have provided my email as my main communication mode. What do you suggest?

b) I am planning to opt CPP-O as VO in my application. Per my understanding, I don't change the VO even if I move back to India ( since I am submitting my application before I move back to India). Is my understanding correct?

Thank you, IMMI_123

sehrish

May 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the seniors are dead ,
i have posted my questions in other category and begged for seniors help ,but they are not there .
good luck though

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
IMMI_123 said:
1) Employment letter: My HR gave me an employment letter where there is no mention of weekly hours, but it covers the rest of the details.(I can not ask her to add the hours , since they don't provide employment letters for PR purpose).

If you did not obtain the letter for immigration purposes, what was it for, if you don't mind my asking? My concern is partly the date of the letter, if it is not "recent" or does not cover the full time period of your qualifying experience.

Hours worked per week is a critical piece of information in the letter. If you do not get a new letter, there is a risk. If you want to take that risk, you should attach a written explanation of why that information is missing in the letter, what those hours are, and that you are attaching photocopies of your paystubs as proof. Then do that. No need for a lawyer or affidavit.

Yes, the the fact that your paystubs are bi-weekly is a problem. But unless you have other proof of weekly hours (e.g. time sheets) I'm not sure what else you can do.

2) I am here on my work permit , which is getting expired in the first of Aug. My employer is working on getting my permit extended.

Note that if your employer is applying for an LMO, s/he will have to indicate hours worked per week as part of the application and job offer letter. See if you can get copies of that.

Per my understanding, I don't need worry about my communication/residential address since I have provided my email as my main communication mode. What do you suggest?

WRONG. Just because CIC has your email address does not mean they will always choose to use it. You need to update your mailing address as well, or if your new mailin address is the same as your residential address, say so.

b) I am planning to opt CPP-O as VO in my application. Per my understanding, I don't change the VO even if I move back to India ( since I am submitting my application before I move back to India). Is my understanding correct?

You don't have to change your VO; you can request it, but CIC does not have to agree. Your main concern would be (1) slow mail between Ottawa and India, (2) if you are approved, getting your passport to Ottawa, and (3) unlikely but possible - you get called for an interview. It is not clear what the reorganization means for interviews, whether it would take place in Ottawa or be transferred to one of the remaining US consulates.

IMMI_123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Thank you jes_ON for your inputs.

I got the employment letter recently for the work permit extension...so the letter is recent...but it doesn't have work hours..my HR doesn't agree to add work hours since they don't provide employment letters for PR purpose ( Can I mention this as a reason in my explanation letter?)...as you suggested I can get the time sheets too along with pay stubs ( pay stubs for whole 2 years???)..just wondering whether I need to provide time sheets for 2 years or Just few recent time sheets just a proof??

So, it is better to select New Delhi, if my return back is confirmed ...thanks again jes_ON for all your inputs!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
You still don't state whether or not your employer applied for an LMO. Hours worked per week is required for an LMO and likely for a work permit ("working conditions").

IMMI_123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Hello jes_ON,

Yes, my employer is applying for LMO ...it is done through the lawyers....I got only recent dated employment letter...the lawyer didn't ask for work hours in the employment letter...I spoke to my HR few times...but she is not agreeing...regarding the time sheet ---Do I need to provide it for 2 years? Thanks.....IMMI_123

gopal1141

Dec 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
AOR Received.
16-05-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Request
18-06-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2013
LANDED..........
25-01-2014
number of hours/week is a critical information for CEC. There is a high risk if not provided.

I moved back recently to India after applying for PR. I updated my mailing address after i arrived here. You need to keep CIC updated.

CIC wouldn't change the VO. I requested them but they wouldn't do it mentioning that CPP-O is the centralised location for processing PR.

IMMI_123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Hello gopal1141,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I understand that no of hours/week is very critical info. But, many Indian IT companies don't entertain reference/employment letters for PR processing...I am planning to provide other evidences like pay stubs and time sheets with an explanation letter. Since you mentioned about ur move, I have couple of questions:

1) Which VO office did you select in your application?

2) When did you update your mailing address ? after receiving the AOR...??

I am planning to select New Delhi since my move is almost confirmed.

THX...IMMI_123