+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help required to fill out PR form: Issue with First and Last name

Prisim

Nov 28, 2015
Hi,

I am filling out the PR form having received the ITA 3 weeks back. Here's the issue :

Name on my passport : First Name --- Siddharth Singh ; Last name : Blank

Name I mentioned on the express entry form ---- First name : Blank ; Last Name : Siddharth Singh ( Since last name was mandatory)

Issue faced while filling our the PR form (since the name format has to be the same as Express entry form ) ---- When I am keeping the first name in the spouse section as blank as mentioned above ;It is showing application incomplete for this tab.

Kindly suggest what should be done as I have mailed about this technical issue to CIC ( but no response) . Possible option in PR form :

1) First name : Siddharth , Last name : Singh
2) First name : Siddharth Singh , Last name : Siddharth Singh.
3) Make any changes to Express entry --- if that's possible ???

Please help as I have filled out the PR form and this is the only issue which is holding me back to complete the application.

Thanks in advance.

do_not_reply

Jun 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Prisim said:
Hi,

I am filling out the PR form having received the ITA 3 weeks back. Here's the issue :

Name on my passport : First Name --- Siddharth Singh ; Last name : Blank

Name I mentioned on the express entry form ---- First name : Blank ; Last Name : Siddharth Singh ( Since last name was mandatory)

Issue faced while filling our the PR form (since the name format has to be the same as Express entry form ) ---- When I am keeping the first name in the spouse section as blank as mentioned above ;It is showing application incomplete for this tab.

Kindly suggest what should be done as I have mailed about this technical issue to CIC ( but no response) . Possible option in PR form :

1) First name : Siddharth , Last name : Singh
2) First name : Siddharth Singh , Last name : Siddharth Singh.
3) Make any changes to Express entry --- if that's possible ???

Please help as I have filled out the PR form and this is the only issue which is holding me back to complete the application.

Thanks in advance.
at first it's wrong on your passport itself....should have been First name : Siddharth , Last name : Singh
i don't believe people make such mistakes. now you can write as it is in passport, and in last name you can just write NLN (NO LAST NAME). if that solves issue

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Unfortunately you can't edit the Express Entry profile. All information is locked at the time you receive the ITA. It's your responsibility to prove that you can substantiate everything in your EE profile.

Is it the case that your first name is Siddalharth and your last name is Singh? If this is the case all you need to do is write a Letter of Explanation explaining this when you submit your application. Just explain that you made a simple error in the EE application and what your actual first and last names are.

In the same letter also include the correct first and last name for your spouse.

If any questions let me know.

Prisim

Nov 28, 2015
Thanks for you response!
This is because my name has a First name (siddharth) + Middle name (Singh) + Last name = Since all my education documents carry only the first and the middle name ; that is why the passport has 'Siddharth singh' as the first name with last name blank.

So now , since I can't change my EE ; would it be right to keep Siddharth Singh in PR form as last name as in EE and probably mention ' No first name' in First name column and also include a letter explaining the situation. Please advise.

Queries

Jul 7, 2015
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Oct 2015
Doc's Request.
Multiple times
Nomination.....
ON
AOR Received.
26 Oct 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
24 Feb 2016 :)
VISA ISSUED...
1-March-2016 (Passport received - 11 March 2016)
LANDED..........
12-March-2106
Put
Last name = Siddharth Singh
First Name = Not Applicable or NA

i had the same issue in my spouse passport ... (no lastname)..
pls refer below link :
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=014&t=4

hope this help....thanks

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Prisim said:
Thanks for you response!
This is because my name has a First name (siddharth) + Middle name (Singh) + Last name = Since all my education documents carry only the first and the middle name ; that is why the passport has 'Siddharth singh' as the first name with last name blank.

So now , since I can't change my EE ; would it be right to keep Siddharth Singh in PR form as last name as in EE and probably mention ' No first name' in First name column and also include a letter explaining the situation. Please advise.
I faced similar issues while applying for work permit. You can put Singh as last name and Siddarth as first name. They will issuse you visa using the same name. They issued me work permit like this. You can officially correct your name later, which is very lengthy process. But trust me, you will be fine using Singh as last name.

Prisim

Nov 28, 2015
Yes, that's what I did , since it says that if you don't have a last name in your passport , mention the first name in the family/surname columne. But it also says - DONOT use */NA/not applicable in the link above.