+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP REQUIRED ON QUEBEC IMMIGRATION

PKMCL

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Hello all, Please help me with the folowing queries, concerning applying for student visa (to a Quebec Univ, while awaiting interview call for Quebec PR); I am not very confident about succesfully passing the interview (If I am called for one), primarily because I had not submitted a French language test score along with my application. (my current skills in French are basic; I am learning it and will appear for DELF A2 later this year). I submitted my application in March 2011 and received a file number in April 2011 and after a month I recieved correspondence from HK asking me to submit birth certificates of me and my spouse, which I did within 1 month. I am not sure how long I would have to wait to face an interview and whether I would be successful; and so I wanted to ensure I have other options ready incase of an adverse event.Below are a few things I feel would be an advantage if I would be residing in Quebec on a temporary student visa.
I assumed that if I would be residing in Quebec on a Student visa, (1) the interview would understand that I have already assimilated within the society (and that would be an advantage) (2) I work within the Accounting sector and my wife is inthe IT sector; My spouse would be able to get a full time work offer letter as she would legally be able to work fulltime, being on my dependent visa. (3) I am not sure about the exact rules, would I be able to apply for PR if I reside in Quebec for a specific period of time. I don't underestimate my ability to make mistakes, thats why my questions are unrefined and basic. Please let me know if you think my views make sense or if I have overlooked anything important. Also can you eloborate why a student visa is not advisable while a PR application is in progress. Also, I expect I can attend an interview before Dec 2012; I have received my file number in April 2011 and assuming that I submit my French score by Dec 2011, do you think an interview should occur before the end 2012. Thanks a lot.

PKMCL

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Hello, I have a query regarding PCC, required after the interview.

I have stayed in 2 countries for over 6 months and I am sure I will not visit these countries again. Can I request a PCC from these countries right away and keep it ready for the interview (I have not been called for interview; just wanted to keep everything ready for it). As I would not be visiting these countries again, would my PCC dated much earlier to my interview dates matter? or is it mandatory that the PCC be dated close to the interview date.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

a

Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@pkmcl

As for pcc it should be recent one as all pcc have validity period depending from where you obtained it. Eg.. My one is only valid for one year and if during federal it takes more time and my pcc going to expire or have expired then they wilk require me to provide another recent copy. Hooe this help.

A.

PKMCL

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Hi A, Thanks for the reply; It gives me a fair idea on when to apply for PCCs from each country..One more concern I have is on the processing time for application filed in Hong Kong. I filed by Feb 2011 and for an AOR by Mar2011; would you know any details on the processing time it would take; my idea is 12-18 months, but as time passes, I feel it might take more time. Would you know anything more about the processing time, as I see you have mentioned you were called for an interview on Sep-11.

Thanks
PKMCL

a

Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ pkmcl

as for processing time like HK it all depends if your AOT is in priority as it will speed up your chances of interview or waiver... as for our case its what i call super quick as we submitted our application last march then got AOR by may then by june we received the notice for our interview for sept so were in shock as we thought it will take 6-10 months before we'll be called for interview but totally unprepared for the interview but thankfully with the help of the lord almighty we did it. so it really depends on your AOT if its in priority then expect that you'll be called after a few months but if not then allocate at least 10 months to a year perhaps. this is just my two cents as i am not an expert on this issue. hope this suffices.

A.

PKMCL

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Yes, it does help a lot; yours was the fastest QSW application I have heard; Congrats; My wife is into IT and I am into Banking / Management Accounting; I am sure mine is the longest queue (IT applications from India). Thanks once again.

a

Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ pkmcl

oh no there's some whos faster than ours. i know somebody whos AOT is in IT and his was faster during federal. are you the principal or your wife??? dont worry. no biggies. glad to help you.

good luck on all of us.

A.

JANE JONE

Feb 15, 2012
Hi I find this forum most interactive and informative...

I am going to ask basic question. Please any one can help me out and many thanks in advance..

I am on HSMP in UK due to job situation I would like to move to Canada on Quebec immigration.

Details

I am 30
Master degree in Mobile and Satellite Communication (from UK high rank University)
04 years degree in Computer Engineer (English medium certificate is available)
Cisco Certified and Microsoft certified.

experience of IT Engineer 02 years +.
Do I need to show IELETS.. (though I am UK degree holder)
no french

Spouse with me in UK
Web Developer experience 5 years+
graduation part time in art... one year diploma in Computer science
age 30
one kid age 4 weeks

am I eligible to apply

your help will be appreciated

thanks

PKMCL

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
a said:
@ pkmcl

oh no there's some whos faster than ours. i know somebody whos AOT is in IT and his was faster during federal. are you the principal or your wife??? dont worry. no biggies. glad to help you.

good luck on all of us.

A.
Does anyone know how I can check the status of my application? I went through aconsultant, but I would like to check it on my own. Thanks.

varungarg

Feb 26, 2012
Dear Group Members,

Please Suggest for my Application of Quebec PR .

As now they have changed the rules that is they guys have made the Groups and have introduced the Caps and i will fall under Group2 only in which 14300 Application will be Accepted.so it will be fine like if i will be submitting in July 2012 my file as by then i need to prepare for french exam,

Also please suggest which french exam i should appear for.

My Profile is as below.

Age - 28 years

Education - BSC(General Studied Computer Application as a Subject
instead of Chemistry so we can say it as Bsc ( Computer Applications))
and MCA(Masters of Computer application)

All the Study is from India only.

Does my intern ship for 6 months during my Master degree will be
counted for experience

Experience - 3.9 years in Software Testing

IELTS - Listening 8.5 , speaking 7

French:- Have to Appear

Martial Status:- Single

Upto which level i will need to Clear the French Exam.

Please suggest on Priority.

PKMCL

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Hello All,

I had recieved my AOR during March-11 and post request from Hong KOng office, provided my birth certificate by May 2011; Also I provide my DELF A1 (Nov 2011) and my DELF A2 (Feb 2012). I have not recieved any further updates from them; though my consiltant said I might get a call by Dec 2011; As my wait for furrther updates is over 12 months now, I am a bit concerned. Would anyone know whether it takes this much time and on how I can check the status of my application, please.

Thanks

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JANE JONE said:
Hi I find this forum most interactive and informative...

I am going to ask basic question. Please any one can help me out and many thanks in advance..

I am on HSMP in UK due to job situation I would like to move to Canada on Quebec immigration.

Details

I am 30 [16]
Master degree in Mobile and Satellite Communication (from UK high rank University)
04 years degree in Computer Engineer (English medium certificate is available) ( you need to do IELTS mate)
Cisco Certified and Microsoft certified.

experience of IT Engineer 02 years +.
Do I need to show IELETS.. (though I am UK degree holder)
no french

Spouse with me in UK
Web Developer experience 5 years+
graduation part time in art... one year diploma in Computer science
age 30
one kid age 4 weeks

am I eligible to apply

your help will be appreciated

thanks

hi thanks for your thread need some information regarding your application
1) the degree awarding time
2) duration of your degree and the contents of your degree thanks

kau_shik_patel

Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SASKATCHEWAN - NDVO
NOC Code......
2281/2282
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
Nomination.....
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
20-07-2016
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
File Transfer...
19-08-2016
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
28-12-2016
Interview........
00-00-2017
Passport Req..
14-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-2017
LANDED..........
00-00-2017
I want to apply for Quebec immigration next year in 2015.

My details are as below: -

My Education: - Master in Computer Application.
Work Experience: - 12 Years.
My Age: - 36
My Occupation:- Computer Network Technician - 2281.
My IELTS Score: - Listening: - 6.0, Reading: - 5.5, Writing: - 5.0, Speaking: - 6.5 Overall Band: - 6.0.

Spouse Education:- M.Phil(English).
Work Experience:- 10 Years.
Spouse Age:- 34
Spouse Occupation:- College Lecturer - 4011

Please tell me who much i will score and can i apply to Quebec immigration without French.

Waiting for your prompt response.

Please senior Provide some help & give some hope.

Thanking You,