+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP REQUIRED ON QUEBEC IMMIGRATION

PKMCL

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Hello, I am from India and have applied for Quebec Immigration during Mar 2011 and have recieved my file number (during April 2011). I was asked to provide birth certificates which I did last week and hope its with the Hong Kong office. I am currently learning French and expect to give a DELF test in another month. If the entire process takes a lot of time, I thought of applying for a student visa and enter Canada. I knowledge on the ground situation in Canada is very limited so can someone please help me by clarifying the following:
- Outline the process till landing at Canada and the time frame for each step
- What level is French is considered satisfactory during the interview; my skills are basic as of now.
- Incase I attain a student permit to Canada, Can my spouse, who would be on dependent visa, be legally eligible to get a work permit and work full time, If yes would it help to speed up my application process?

Your replies are highly appreciated. Thanks in advance and best regards.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
studying while you have Permanent Residence file for Quebec underway or CSQ process is not a good idea.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
The CSQ application is part of a process of permanent immigration as a skilled worker. The CSQ is issued to you based specifically on your capacity and your intention to enter the Québec labour market upon arriving to Quebec. This assumes therefore that you will not start new full-time studies in the immediate future.

PKMCL

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Thanks a lot for the inputs, I had similar thoughts but wanted to confirm. Also, would you know, on an average how long it might take to get an interview call from from receipt of my File number, and the subsequent steps after that. Thanks in advance.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
hello

As said by other member don't take a risk in your Quebec process, because when u apply to Quebec u have to show your attention to live in Quebec, if u apply student visa to federal then it means that your intention is not to settle down in Quebec. And secondly student visa is not 100% sure that u will get it, so just wait for another couples of months for your Quebec process then see what will happen.

PKMCL said:
Hello, I am from India and have applied for Quebec Immigration during Mar 2011 and have recieved my file number (during April 2011). I was asked to provide birth certificates which I did last week and hope its with the Hong Kong office. I am currently learning French and expect to give a DELF test in another month. If the entire process takes a lot of time, I thought of applying for a student visa and enter Canada. I knowledge on the ground situation in Canada is very limited so can someone please help me by clarifying the following:
- Outline the process till landing at Canada and the time frame for each step
- What level is French is considered satisfactory during the interview; my skills are basic as of now.
- Incase I attain a student permit to Canada, Can my spouse, who would be on dependent visa, be legally eligible to get a work permit and work full time, If yes would it help to speed up my application process?

PKMCL

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Hi, Thanks for the comment; it makes sense to me perfectly now. By any chance would you know the time required, to get an interview call from the date of receipt of my File number. Thanks a lot.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
hi,

you have to wait atleast 6-10 months to get interview (and depends upon your area of training)

stillhope
-

PKMCL said:
Hi, Thanks for the comment; it makes sense to me perfectly now. By any chance would you know the time required, to get an interview call from the date of receipt of my File number. Thanks a lot.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
S

samir.kapoor2001

Hi I am from India. I would like to know that am I eligible for Quebec Immigration PR or not?

My details are as below:

My date of birth is 13/02/1981
my education qualification is bachelor of commerce in accounting and auditing, i finished my study in April 2001
then i work as a bookkeeper from June 2001 to December 2005 then
i left for UK for further study but i could not finish my study then back to india

again i joined same company in July 2009 to till today i mean continue job in 2011 as a bookkeeper
I passed General IELTS with overall 6.5 band i got 6 in listening, 7 in reading, 6 in writing and 6.5 in speaking
then I passed basic level of French Language

some immigration lawyers said to me that i am not eligible for Quebec PR

please guide me that i am eligible or not?
how long Quebec PR take time?
is interview hard and related to which points please tell me.

email me: samir.kapoor2001@yahoo.com

thanks for your time dear.

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
samir.kapoor2001 said:
Hi I am from India. I would like to know that am I eligible for Quebec Immigration PR or not?

My details are as below:

My date of birth is 13/02/1981 16 points
my education qualification is bachelor of commerce in accounting and auditing, i finished my study in April 2001 10+6 points
then i work as a bookkeeper from June 2001 to December 2005 then
i left for UK for further study but i could not finish my study then back to india

again i joined same company in July 2009 to till today i mean continue job in 2011 as a bookkeeper 8 points for overall experience
I passed General IELTS with overall 6.5 band i got 6 in listening, 7 in reading, 6 in writing and 6.5 in speaking 6 points
then I passed basic level of French Language 2 points

Financial self sufficiency 1 point

some immigration lawyers said to me that i am not eligible for Quebec PR

please guide me that i am eligible or not?
how long Quebec PR take time?
is interview hard and related to which points please tell me.

16+16+8+6+2+1=49 points

I think you can apply now but take a intensive french language course because you are in border of qualifying points and french is the only thing that can guarantee your success.

To get the CSQ from BIQ you need at least 8-10 months then starts federal part.

Interview is in french so try your best to improve your language as much as possible because you will have approx 10 month from the day you are filing your application to BIQ to learn french for interview.

Take the self-assessment test here
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html
good luck

email me: samir.kapoor2001 @ yahoo.com

thanks for your time dear.

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I passed General IELTS with overall 6.5 band i got 6 in listening, 7 in reading, 6 in writing and 6.5 in speaking 6 points
you got 4 points in ielts( 6 in listening = 2pt, 6.5 in speaking = 2pt). For 6 points in English, you need 6.5 in listening and 7 in speaking

and you can check on the site link below on page 40

http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI-3-1.pdf

PKMCL

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
ae03yy said:
studying while you have Permanent Residence file for Quebec underway or CSQ process is not a good idea.
I am not very confident about succesfully passing the interview (If I am called for one), primarily because I had not submitted a French language test score along with my application. (my current skills in French are basic; I am learing it and will appear for DELF A2 later this year). I submitted my application in March 2011 and received a file number in April 2011 and after a month I recieved correspondence from HK asking me to submit birth certificates of me and my spouse, which I did within 1 month. I am not sure how long I would have to wait to face an interview and whether I would be successful; and so I wanted to ensure I have other options ready incase of an adverse event.Below are a few things I feel would be an advantage if I would be residing in Quebec on a temporary student visa.
I assumed that if I would be residing in Quebec on a Student visa, (1) the interview would understand that I have already assimilated within the society (and that would be an advantage) (2) I work within the Accounting sector and my wife is inthe IT sector; My spouse would be able to get a full time work offer letter as she would legally be able to work fulltime, being on my dependent visa. (3) I am not sure about the exact rules, would I be able to apply for PR if I reside in Quebec for a specific period of time. I don't underestimate my ability to make mistakes, thats why my questions are unrefined and basic. Please let me know if you think my views make sense or if I have overlooked anything important. Also can you eloborate why a student visa is not advisable while a PR application is in progress. Also, I expect I can attend an interview before Dec 2012; I have received my file number in April 2011 and assuming that I submit my French score by Dec 2011, do you think an interview should occur before the end 2012. Thanks a lot.

sumalatha

Sep 1, 2011
Hello iam from india past 5 years iam in oman living with my family i applyed for quebec PR,
MY QUESTION IS GIVEN BELOW;
1. IF I GET QUEBEC PR, IM ELIGIBLE FOR WORK AND STAY IN CANADA?
2. IELTS IS NECESSARY TO GET QUEBEC PR?
3. WHAT ABOUT VACANCIES IN QUEBEC?
IF I NURSE (OR) HOTEL PROFESSIONAL WE WILL GET JOB ?
4. WHAT KIND OF FACILITY IS APPLICABLE FOR QUEBEC PR

knowledge on the ground situation in Canada is very limited so can someone please help me by clarifying the following:

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
sumalatha said:
Hello iam from india past 5 years iam in oman living with my family i applyed for quebec PR, When did you apply? and what is your qualification?
MY QUESTION IS GIVEN BELOW;
1. IF I GET QUEBEC PR, IM ELIGIBLE FOR WORK AND STAY IN CANADA? You become permanent resident, ofcourse you enjoy all rights.
2. IELTS IS NECESSARY TO GET QUEBEC PR? No
3. WHAT ABOUT VACANCIES IN QUEBEC?
IF I NURSE (OR) HOTEL PROFESSIONAL WE WILL GET JOB ?Depends on your french language and other factors, but generally there are lot of jobs available for competent candidates
4. WHAT KIND OF FACILITY IS APPLICABLE FOR QUEBEC PR....What do you mean by facility?

knowledge on the ground situation in Canada is very limited so can someone please help me by clarifying the following: