+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help required in "Self Employed Work Experience" of Spouse

Gurikem

Nov 29, 2018
Hi Friends,

I seek your guidance in the following issue:

I am the main applicant and I got ITA on 19 Dec 2018. When I created my profile I mentioned that my spouse after her graduation in 2004 had been working in her own boutique which is situated in Chandigarh till we got married in 2014. Afterwards she pursued her education and did her Bachelors in Education and started working in a school since 2015..

So, from 2004 to 2014 she was working as a Fashion Designer and assisting her mother in her boutique.

The boutique is run from their house only. They have not registered it. They pay their employees via cash only. They serve clients from in and around Chandigarh as well as from abroad too..

How can I show her work experience for that 10 years+ of time?

· Their boutique is not registered and they do not file ITR or smthing.

· They pay their employees cash only and neither do they file any ITR.

· Clients pay directly in cash and they don't provide any Invoices.

· Its like a side business run from home premises only.

· So, what can I do in such a case?

· How can I prove that she has been working there?

Please suggest, as this is the only issue which is holding me to file my case further.

Thanks

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
If your spouse is dependent you don’t need any proof for her work experience. Only thing is mention this period in her personal history and not in the work history section. You can show that time as unemployed as well. My guess is if the boutique is not registered and they are not paying any taxes there would not be any “official” letter of her hiring in the business as well.

In any case it doesn’t matter. You can show it as unemployed or working if you so wish. She doesn’t need to furnish any work experience documents.

Gurikem

Nov 29, 2018
If your spouse is dependent you don’t need any proof for her work experience. Only thing is mention this period in her personal history and not in the work history section. You can show that time as unemployed as well. My guess is if the boutique is not registered and they are not paying any taxes there would not be any “official” letter of her hiring in the business as well.

In any case it doesn’t matter. You can show it as unemployed or working if you so wish. She doesn’t need to furnish any work experience documents.
Actually, I already mentioned that in her work history when I created my EE profile, would that be fine If I change that and delete that work history row from my profile?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Actually, I already mentioned that in her work history when I created my EE profile, would that be fine If I change that and delete that work history row from my profile?
Yes. Spouse work experience doesn't get any points unless work experience is in Canada. there is no point having it in work history.