+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Required for University Selection Masters Program

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Hello All,
Out of below three which one would you suggest. I have 13 years of experience and after completing my program my motive is PR. All these three have their own ifs and buts hence experienced folks can suggest what seems more practical and increase my probability to get student visa and later PR.
1. Ryerson university - Master of Engineering Innovation and Entrepreneurship (Toronto,16 Months, 3 years pgwp) : Low Ranked
2. University of British Columbia - Master of Engineering Leadership In Dependable Software Systems (Vancouver, 1 year, 1 year pgwp) : I would have blindly selected this one but 1 year PGWP is a concern. too risky to claim 1 year exp if there is a delay in getting a job.
3. HEC Montréal - MSc in Data Science and Business Analytics ( Quebec, 16 Months, 3 year PGWP) : to apply under FSW I have to move out of Quebec. Even Quebec schemes are much delayed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,
Out of below three which one would you suggest. I have 13 years of experience and after completing my program my motive is PR. All these three have their own ifs and buts hence experienced folks can suggest what seems more practical and increase my probability to get student visa and later PR.
1. Ryerson university - Master of Engineering Innovation and Entrepreneurship (Toronto,16 Months, 3 years pgwp) : Low Ranked
2. University of British Columbia - Master of Engineering Leadership In Dependable Software Systems (Vancouver, 1 year, 1 year pgwp) : I would have blindly selected this one but 1 year PGWP is a concern. too risky to claim 1 year exp if there is a delay in getting a job.
3. HEC Montréal - MSc in Data Science and Business Analytics ( Quebec, 16 Months, 3 year PGWP) : to apply under FSW I have to move out of Quebec. Even Quebec schemes are much delayed.
Do you speak French?

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Do you speak French?
No I dont
A bit of more information about me, I have experience in working on Emerging Technology like Cloud Computing and My academic scores are 12th 89%, BTech 8.15, IELTS 8. From career perspective I would benefit a lot from a DS program but on the other side I am contemplating with UBC leadership programme as I have so much experience and Visa Officer may have concern with a basic Masters program where as a Leadership program may be shown a career progression. I am too confused

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No I dont
A bit of more information about me, I have experience in working on Emerging Technology like Cloud Computing and My academic scores are 12th 89%, BTech 8.15, IELTS 8. From career perspective I would benefit a lot from a DS program but on the other side I am contemplating with UBC leadership programme as I have so much experience and Visa Officer may have concern with a basic Masters program where as a Leadership program may be shown a career progression. I am too confused
HEC is primarily a French university. They seem to offer a few masters and a PhD program in a English.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They have 6 English Only Programs and the MSc in which I have applied is English only program
I understand that but attending a university where all the services are in French may be a negative. Things like being a TA would not be possible.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
I understand that but attending a university where all the services are in French may be a negative. Things like being a TA would not be possible.
Okay...got it. I was allured by the Brand Name + 3 years PGWP.
So Now left with Ryerson and UBC. Which one u think will help me achieve my goal