+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help required for DRIVING LICENCE of ALBERTA

Sim Dab

Apr 22, 2014
Hi People,

I require help from people who either been through this or have knowledge about it.

I am from Haryana (North India) and came to Alberta for work on a Open Work Permit. I want to apply for a DRIVING LICENCE but they require a RTO/ DTO Letter for applying for exemption from GRADUATED DRIVER LICENSING (GDL) PROGRAM.

My Issues are

1 - There is no RTO/ DTO office in my city i.e. Hisar, Haryana. So where can I get the letter?
2 - I asked my friend to go to a RTO/ DTO office (in other district i.e. Rohtak) and they said "SDO office is the one who issue Licence so we are no one to give you any letter related to Driving Licence?
3 - I understand they it can be a simple letter but can you suggest me whether a letter from any department related to Driving Licence will work or the letter have to be from RTO/ DTO office?

If somebody can send me any formats or any scanned copies of RTO/ DTO letter that will be great.
My email Id is adabur @ sfu . ca

Please help as my work/ job depends on it :)

Thank you
SIM DAB

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sim Dab said:
Hi People,

I require help from people who either been through this or have knowledge about it.

I am from Haryana (North India) and came to Alberta for work on a Open Work Permit. I want to apply for a DRIVING LICENCE but they require a RTO/ DTO Letter for applying for exemption from GRADUATED DRIVER LICENSING (GDL) PROGRAM.
You did not say that you have a driving licence from India? In Haryana, SDM is incharge of issuing driving licence and if you have valid driving licence from India, concerned SDM will issue an authentication letter. It can not be any SDM, the concerned SDM's office is which issued you driving licence. Original DL may be required to be presented.

Here is the sample :-

LETTER HEAD , LOGO OF AUTHORITY, REF NO, DATED, TELEPHONE NUMBER

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

SUBJECT; Authentication of licensed driving experience

It is certified that the driving licence n0________________________ was issued by ____________ on _________ in the Name of ___________ s/o__________- r/o________, DOB _____________. This license is valid thorough _______( country/ state/ province) with full driving privileges for driving Motorcycle/ scooter/ car and jeep only. This license is valid up to______. As for record in this office, there is no traffic offence against this driving license.

DATED LICENSING AUTHORITY