+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Required : Employment Letter

avarava23

May 20, 2009
Hi, I had applied for PR under the FSW category in May,2010 (Buffalo). I received my 3rd communication last week. Following is an excerpt from that email:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

. Proof of funds for yourself, and all family members. ($13,837)
. A letter of reference from your employer for yourself. Updated
. Right of Permanent Residence Fee Every principal applicant and his/her spouse/common law partner or conjugal partner is required to pay a Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF).

To give my background, I have been in Canada since July 2009 on a study permit followed by work permit and have been working full time for over a year now. I have a question regarding the letter of reference from employer. I had already submitted the letter from my previous employer which qualified me for the particular NOC category detailing my job responsibilities which matched with the NOC requirement. There is no way I can get that letter back as for that I will have to fly back to my native country. However, I can easily produce a letter of employment from Canadian employer.

Can someone tell me what exactly are they asking me for? Are they asking for my Canadian employment letter or my previous employment letter which qualified me for the particular NOC category I have applied for. And what format should this letter be in? Do they want to see all my job responsibilities again?

Thanks for your help.

2011july20

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffallo Transferred to Ottawa
NOC Code......
XXXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application and May 2014
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
First AOR 10-2011, second AOR December 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
October -2013 and RPRF paid on Oct 2013
Med's Done....
November 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM 7-15-2014 PPR 10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10/2014
LANDED..........
12/2014
avarava23 said:
Hi, I had applied for PR under the FSW category in May,2010 (Buffalo). I received my 3rd communication last week. Following is an excerpt from that email:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.

. Proof of funds for yourself, and all family members. ($13,837)
. A letter of reference from your employer for yourself. Updated You need a letter from your current employer with same job description as outlined on the NOC that qualified you for it.
. Right of Permanent Residence Fee Every principal applicant and his/her spouse/common law partner or conjugal partner is required to pay a Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF).

To give my background, I have been in Canada since July 2009 on a study permit followed by work permit and have been working full time for over a year now. I have a question regarding the letter of reference from employer. I had already submitted the letter from my previous employer which qualified me for the particular NOC category detailing my job responsibilities which matched with the NOC requirement. There is no way I can get that letter back as for that I will have to fly back to my native country. However, I can easily produce a letter of employment from Canadian employer.

Can someone tell me what exactly are they asking me for? Are they asking for my Canadian employment letter or my previous employment letter which qualified me for the particular NOC category I have applied for. And what format should this letter be in? Do they want to see all my job responsibilities again?

Thanks for your help.

LH84

Dec 31, 2011
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
It's seems your application is brought forward and is likely accepted and you'll get your PR soon.

what they are asking for is an employment letter in the NOC that is required for qualification even if it's an old one or the same that you send. also it's good to send another letter from your current employer.

if you cant have a new letter from your former employer, just send a cover letter with your required docs and state that you've send it before.

Best regards.

avarava23

May 20, 2009
2011july20 said:
You need a letter from your current employer with same job description as outlined on the NOC that qualified you for it.
Hi 2011July....Thanks for your reply.

The problem is that my current job responsibilities are different from the NOC category I had applied in. I had applied as an Accountant (had worked in my native country as an accountant for 2 years with a big 4 audit firm) however I am presently working in credit risk. I had already sent them the original employment letter detailing my job responsibilities signed by my previous employer. I don't really understand why they would want it again. If they insist on getting the previous employment letter again, I may have to fly back to my native country to get those documents...arghhhh.

hope_life

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buddy, i have answered ur ques in other thread.
god bless.

avarava23 said:
Thanks a lot for your helpful advise LH. Will do so.

Regards,
M

hope_life

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
listen, u got to be a little careful here, a single wrong move will land u in no man's land, understood?

they have simply asked an updated letter(current employer), jst dat.

dont confuse it.

if u dont know how to draft it, I will do that.

dont worry.

avarava23 said:
Hi 2011July....Thanks for your reply.

The problem is that my current job responsibilities are different from the NOC category I had applied in. I had applied as an Accountant (had worked in my native country as an accountant for 2 years with a big 4 audit firm) however I am presently working in credit risk. I had already sent them the original employment letter detailing my job responsibilities signed by my previous employer. I don't really understand why they would want it again. If they insist on getting the previous employment letter again, I may have to fly back to my native country to get those documents...arghhhh.

avarava23

May 20, 2009
hope_life said:
listen, u got to be a little careful here, a single wrong move will land u in no man's land, understood?

they have simply asked an updated letter(current employer), jst dat.

dont confuse it.

if u dont know how to draft it, I will do that.

dont worry.
Thanks for the clarification Hope_Life. You are right...I may be over thinking it. Will provide them with present employment letter with all relevant information.

Thanks once again.

Cheers,
M

hope_life

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
great, one more thing i wud like to quote.

u need not mention new job duties in current letter(dat will confuse the entire situation).

rather i advise not to mention jobs duties.

if u have any queries, feel free to communicate.

avarava23 said:
Thanks for the clarification Hope_Life. You are right...I may be over thinking it. Will provide them with present employment letter with all relevant information.

Thanks once again.

Cheers,
M

avarava23

May 20, 2009
hope_life said:
great, one more thing i wud like to quote.

u need not mention new job duties in current letter(dat will confuse the entire situation).

rather i advise not to mention jobs duties.

if u have any queries, feel free to communicate.
Thanks for the great advise once again. Have PMd you :)