+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help regarding RTD and my country passport please help

Shivlubana

Apr 10, 2022
Hey I received my RTD and my country passport both should i keep both or them or what to do I am a PR holder already

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey I received my RTD and my country passport both should i keep both or them or what to do I am a PR holder already
You can keep your home country passport but you can’t use it or renew it. If you want to travel you must use your RTD in place of your home country passport.

Shivlubana

Apr 10, 2022
But I have already travelled on my home country passport to London and dubai and when I came back i saw my travel document in mail

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
But I have already travelled on my home country passport to London and dubai and when I came back i saw my travel document in mail
How long were your visits to London and Dubai? Why did you order your RTD but then use your own passport? You are not supposed to use your home country passport as a protected person because that can be considered reavailment. Do not do it again and do not renew your home country passport. If you want to travel you must use your RTD until you get a Canadian passport when you qualify for citizenship. When it comes to applying for citizenship I would be upfront about the use of your home country passport and apologize while indicating that you were unaware of reavailment and that using your home country passport could lead to losing your status in Canada. I would suggest paying for a consultation with an immigration lawyer to review your statement and apology from the citizenship application. Canada tends to be more forgiving if you are upfront and honest and then apologize. It is important that you don’t continue using the passport, not renew the passport and that you not visit your home country until you receive citizenship.

Shivlubana

Apr 10, 2022
I talked to IRCC and they told me if i get my country passport i need to return my RTD and they send me mail as well i got officer badge number who told me this

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I talked to IRCC and they told me if i get my country passport i need to return my RTD and they send me mail as well i got officer badge number who told me this
Please post the message because that is incorrect. There may have been some miscommunication. If it is just verbal instructions than you have no proof that this was said. A badge number will not help you if you are accused of reavailment. You definitely can’t use your home passport to travel as a protected person without risking your status in Canada. You must use your RTD to travel.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He told me to use it
If you have their ID# I would try to get a copy of the call you had with them to review what exactly was said. I’m not sure if they keep the recordings and for how long. You’d need to call and ask. Just saying that you were told you could use your passport isn’t good proof because there is no concrete proof Of what was actually said. Why did you order RTD if you thought you could use your home country passport?

TIGER123

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
How long were your visits to London and Dubai? Why did you order your RTD but then use your own passport? You are not supposed to use your home country passport as a protected person because that can be considered reavailment. Do not do it again and do not renew your home country passport. If you want to travel you must use your RTD until you get a Canadian passport when you qualify for citizenship. When it comes to applying for citizenship I would be upfront about the use of your home country passport and apologize while indicating that you were unaware of reavailment and that using your home country passport could lead to losing your status in Canada. I would suggest paying for a consultation with an immigration lawyer to review your statement and apology from the citizenship application. Canada tends to be more forgiving if you are upfront and honest and then apologize. It is important that you don’t continue using the passport, not renew the passport and that you not visit your home country until you receive citizenship.

I agree with what "canuck78" has just said. you'd better speak to a lawyer if you are unsure or if you don't know about immigration matters cause CBSA (border officers) will always find ways to strip off your refugee status or PERMANENT RESIDENCE status from your asylum.