+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!! regarding my study permit! Serious problem!!!

sparky01

Jan 13, 2016
Hello!

I got an admit from concordia university for the winter 2016 intake in M.Eng(Aerospace) and I proceeded with all the procedures to obtain the study permit. Somehow, it got late to obtain my CAQ and I applied for the study permit with my complete application on December 30th. Till now I haven't heard anything from the visa application center. My university department student coordinator told me I have to be present before january 18th to register for this term. I know I can't make it now, its already been late.

My profile is:

10th : 82.2%
12th : 82.3%
B.E. : 8.6 CGPA(2014 Passed out)
TOEFL : 94

I have an experience over a year in a Defence establishment as a contract engineer.(2014-2015)

My questions are:

1. Will the experience make any negative impact (since its a defence establishment) for my profile?
2. Since I am already late for the January term, Do I need to start all the procedures for study permit all over from the beginning for May intake?(I will defer my term to summer from spring)

I am really worried. :( :( I have a friend who got his visa done withing 7 working days (Because of which I had a hope!)but for different university .

pzz

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2016
sparky01 said:
Hello!

I got an admit from concordia university for the winter 2016 intake in M.Eng(Aerospace) and I proceeded with all the procedures to obtain the study permit. Somehow, it got late to obtain my CAQ and I applied for the study permit with my complete application on December 30th. Till now I haven't heard anything from the visa application center. My university department student coordinator told me I have to be present before january 18th to register for this term. I know I can't make it now, its already been late.

My profile is:

10th : 82.2%
12th : 82.3%
B.E. : 8.6 CGPA(2014 Passed out)
TOEFL : 94

I have an experience over a year in a Defence establishment as a contract engineer.(2014-2015)

My questions are:

1. Will the experience make any negative impact (since its a defence establishment) for my profile?
2. Since I am already late for the January term, Do I need to start all the procedures for study permit all over from the beginning for May intake?(I will defer my term to summer from spring)

I am really worried. :( :( I have a friend who got his visa done withing 7 working days (Because of which I had a hope!)but for different university .
I have asked the same question before here and i was told that we just need to submit the deferral letter whenever the embassy( visa office) ask. No need to start anew. I am going through the similar situation. You profile is impressive. Did the university provide you scholarship/ assistantship?

pzz

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2016
Abbas1 said:
Your profile is good, however, you applied pretty late

I would say deferral is your option
For deferral to May, when will visa office ask to submit the deferral letter? Any idea??