+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help regarding level of education selection

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I have a doubt. Would be great if anyone can reply to my query.

I have bachelors degree of 4 year from back home and 1 year post graduate from canada. So what to mention in education do I have to select two or more degrees or diplomas or certificate with one atleast 3 years or more?

And In profile I have to mention both the degrees in different tab so what I need to select in Level of education for each degree?

So please let me know what level of education I have to select for both the degree.

Bachelor of Engineering---4 year (outside of Canada) ---- Level of Education ?
Post Graduate---1 year (from Canada) ---- Level of Education?

Thank you.

bj291

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
ntwkengg said:
Hi all,

I have a doubt. Would be great if anyone can reply to my query.

I have bachelors degree of 4 year from back home and 1 year post graduate from canada. So what to mention in education do I have to select two or more degrees or diplomas or certificate with one atleast 3 years or more?

And In profile I have to mention both the degrees in different tab so what I need to select in Level of education for each degree?

So please let me know what level of education I have to select for both the degree.

Bachelor of Engineering---4 year (outside of Canada) ---- Level of Education ?
Post Graduate---1 year (from Canada) ---- Level of Education?

Thank you.
Your Bachelor should be whatever is shown on your WES evaluation. So did you get it done? For your Canadian PG....was it a degree that you got after one year? Or did you get a certificate on completion?

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi bj291,

Thank you for your reply.

As I am CEC applicant and I have education in Canada. So I dont require ECA or WES evaluation.

Yes I got certificate after my 1 year of Post Graduation in Canada. And I got bachelor's degree from my 4 year of education back home.

So can you please guide what level of education I have to select for both the degree?

I am expecting 128 points according 2 or more degree or diploma or certificate with atleast one 3 years or more.

But I am getting only 91 points.

Thanks.

mvmt

Jan 29, 2015
ntwkengg said:
Hi bj291,

Thank you for your reply.

As I am CEC applicant and I have education in Canada. So I dont require ECA or WES evaluation.

Yes I got certificate after my 1 year of Post Graduation in Canada. And I got bachelor's degree from my 4 year of education back home.

So can you please guide what level of education I have to select for both the degree?

I am expecting 128 points according 2 or more degree or diploma or certificate with atleast one 3 years or more.

But I am getting only 91 points.

Thanks.
Hi there!

I think that the reason why you are not getting full points for your studies, is because you haven't assesed your Bachelor's Degree from your country. You don't actually need the assestment if you are in the CEC category, but you DO need it if you want to claim the points.

Cheers!

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Are you sure I need ECA evaluation?

Even though I am applying under CEC category?

Please let me know your experience.

Thanks.

mvmt

Jan 29, 2015
ntwkengg said:
Hi,

Thanks.
I haven't yet created my profile as I'm still a month short for the CEC category, but I have already started the ECA application with WES. I do know that it is not mandatory for the CEC category, but if you don't get it, then you cannot claim the points for education.
There are lots of threads about WES and ECA, see if you can go through them to get as much information as you can.
All the best!

bj291

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
ntwkengg said:
Hi,

Thanks.
Yes - mvmt is correct. You need to get ECA done if you want to claim points for foreign education. So even though you are planning to apply under CEC - but if you want extra points you will want to get it done or else the system won't give you the correct points as it will just recognize your canadian PG certificate and not your foreign degre.
Also, I think not evaluating your foreign degree makes more sense when you have those 600 points thru positive LMIA or PNP as then you are clearly above the rest of the pack....and you can get another 150-200 points from age,ielts and still get an ITA at about 800 pts...but if you are just falling under the normal CEC category then then max you can get is 600 pts so if you don't evaluate your degree you are potentially risking those 135 points...