+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help regarding Financial Documents (India) for study permit

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Now you do have a travel history and your spouse will be in India while you study in Canada - so this will give a positive impact.
I am not quite sure how relevant is your course as you have already done master's they expect you to go for a higher level of edu like phd or something

But again if you are positive about your course and has a strong letter of explanation you should be good. Fingers crossed!

sandy99980

Sep 26, 2016
Gujarat india
Visa Office......
Banglore
App. Filed.......
17-10-2016
Now you do have a travel history and your spouse will be in India while you study in Canada - so this will give a positive impact.
I am not quite sure how relevant is your course as you have already done master's they expect you to go for a higher level of edu like phd or something

But again if you are positive about your course and has a strong letter of explanation you should be good. Fingers crossed!
Thank bro I already wrote a good SOP and submitted with my application

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
We applied for my husband's SOWP and my lawyer advised him to apply in person at Delhi vfs as online his application would have gone to CHD and their processing times were insane at that time.
Currently they are taking about 2 months, but 2 years ago they had a huge backlog and for SOWP the processing time was around 8+ month (crazy)

Blueuniverse

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto/Scarborough
Wow
We applied for my husband's SOWP and my lawyer advised him to apply in person at Delhi vfs as online his application would have gone to CHD and their processing times were insane at that time.
Currently they are taking about 2 months, but 2 years ago they had a huge backlog and for SOWP the processing time was around 8+ month (crazy)
Wow! That's totally crazy! I just wish that the same dosen't happen in Jalandhar VFS.

Jun 19, 2017
Okay! Thanks a lot for the information! I had one more query, if in case I do opt for GIC and deposit the required 10,000$ and on top of that pay the first term fee, do I still need to show the required funds(the fee for the rest two terms) in my father's bank account, affidavit and assets to convince the VO regarding funding. As someone told me that first term's fee confirmation, GIC and my parent's ITR for the last 2-3 years would make sufficient financial documents.
Hi Blue,
I am also facing same situation.
You have finance proof for 1st year alone or both the years?
Can you please tell?
Because I heard ppl saying that showing first year tuition fee+GIC amount is enough and for 2nd year you can show your father's ITR.

Wii that do?

sandy99980

Sep 26, 2016
Gujarat india
Visa Office......
Banglore
App. Filed.......
17-10-2016
Hi Blue,
I am also facing same situation.
You have finance proof for 1st year alone or both the years?
Can you please tell?
Because I heard ppl saying that showing first year tuition fee+GIC amount is enough and for 2nd year you can show your father's ITR.

Wii that do?
hi bro if you applying for spp college then only 2 documents needed GIC and 1 sem fees reciept thats all

Jun 19, 2017
Are you sure it is ok to show 1st year fee and living expense as some amount in bank savings account as I mentioned above and the rest in bank loan sanction letter?

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2017
Hey!
I am from India have been accepted to M.Eng program at Queen's University for fall 2017. I don't wish to apply for GIC but many people around me are telling me to do saying it is highly recommended. I wanted to ask that if I don't opt for GIC what are the other ways I can show the proof of funds?

I can show the sufficient funds required to support me for 2 years and fee receipt for the first term. My dad has a business. So can you tell me that if the bank statements of my Dad's savings account along with an affidavit that he is willing to sponsor me throughout will work or do I only have to opt for an education loan (to replace GIC).
Also does the last deposit in a bank account work, or does the bank account need to have the required funds already?

Thanks!
is your course duration 2 years?
And Please tell me you are showing financial proof for first year alone or both the years?

arun26cs

Jun 19, 2017
For financial docs you have to show liquid money. You assets are just to prove your ties to home country. You cannot use them as a proof of funds. You will have to pay GIC first sem fee and enough funds to cover your next sem fees and stay expenses.
Hi, I have a question on the fund proof requirement for the second year to be shown... do we need to show we have essential fund available for 2nd year(not 2nd sem) ? and if so what form shouldit be. i.e liquid, loan or any others?. money with my father is a recent one through one distant relative and rest gold loans. can I show that? no form 16 also...

one more ques. for the first year should I show the source for the fund even if I pay and get the tuition receipt and the GIC thing? since I am looking for the sep intake ur prompt reply would help me pls.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
If you have paid your GIC and 1 year tuition you are all set for the 1 st year. You do have to at least show that you have funds to cover your second year tuition as well. For expenses if you don't have some - it should be fine as you will be eligible to work part time while you study to support your 2nd year living expenses. Now you can show funds, as a liquid money or loan or even the mutual funds if any. It should either be under your name or your father/mother. Then you can get a letter or affidavit of support from your parents.
I will suggest only attach the documents which are linked to a reputable/registered bank.

Reactions: Ismail Mammutty