+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP: re-entry Visa process dilemma, need advise

carswim

Mar 31, 2012
Hi, I have a situation where I mistakenly thought the expiration date of my re-entry Visa in Canada. I am currently processing my PNP and thought I needed to renew my re-entry visa before I can process my PNP. I have renewed my Visa last September 28th 2011 and was thinking it will be renewed for a year from date off application/renewal. The date of expiration stated in my re-entry Visa right now is 11/05/2012, thought it was for November 5th 2012, apparently it is just for May 11th 2012. I have a valid work permit till May 13, 2014. However, my problem is,I already bought my plane tickets and I am about to leave canada for my sisters wedding in the Philippines from April 29th- May 31st. I have a dilemma right now if I can still renew my re-entry visa in Buffalo and will be able to get my passport back on time before I leave, or just to process my re-entry visa in the Philippines, when I get there. However, I am not sure how long the process will take and I may not be able to return to Canada on time as well. Also, I won't be able to process my re-entry Visa in the Philippines yet before May 16, since I will be needing my passport to travel to Thailand that I will be visiting as well from May 3-16.

I need help on the best way to do for me to renew my re-entry visa on time before I leave or before I come back to Canada. Is it wiser to have it renewed now to buffalo before I leave on the 29th of April (concern though to get my passport back on time before I leave Canada) Or, would it be better for me to renew it in the Philippines (my other concern is, I won't be able to process it till May 16th and may not be able to get it on time before I come back here in Canada and will be stuck in the Philippines before my flight back.)

I would really appreciate your response... As I am worried of my situation.

Thanks ;)

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
If I were you, I would apply for the TRV through one of the visa offices in the US and include a copy of the plane ticket with a letter requesting speedy processing. There are people on this forum who received their TRV in less than 20 days.

carswim

Mar 31, 2012
Thanks for the advice,really appreciate it, I will look into it, and try to process the application asap. I'm just worried I may not to able to get it back before I leave Canada. But, guess might give it a shot.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@carswim,

Check this - http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/visas/tw_returning-tt_retournant.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

It may be an alternative of getting a re-entry visa if you arrrive in the PH.

carswim

Mar 31, 2012
Thanks ragluf ;D , it says it would only take 3days for priority processing. I'll read more just to be sure, and call their call center. This is really helpful.

sarah1003

Aug 5, 2011
Could you drive to the states and get it in person? They are really taking a while to process and state they will not make exceptions. You have a visa to come back from the states until may anyways

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
carswim said:
Hi, I have a situation where I mistakenly thought the expiration date of my re-entry Visa in Canada. I am currently processing my PNP and thought I needed to renew my re-entry visa before I can process my PNP. I have renewed my Visa last September 28th 2011 and was thinking it will be renewed for a year from date off application/renewal. The date of expiration stated in my re-entry Visa right now is 11/05/2012, thought it was for November 5th 2012, apparently it is just for May 11th 2012. I have a valid work permit till May 13, 2014. However, my problem is,I already bought my plane tickets and I am about to leave canada for my sisters wedding in the Philippines from April 29th- May 31st. I have a dilemma right now if I can still renew my re-entry visa in Buffalo and will be able to get my passport back on time before I leave, or just to process my re-entry visa in the Philippines, when I get there. However, I am not sure how long the process will take and I may not be able to return to Canada on time as well. Also, I won't be able to process my re-entry Visa in the Philippines yet before May 16, since I will be needing my passport to travel to Thailand that I will be visiting as well from May 3-16.

I need help on the best way to do for me to renew my re-entry visa on time before I leave or before I come back to Canada. Is it wiser to have it renewed now to buffalo before I leave on the 29th of April (concern though to get my passport back on time before I leave Canada) Or, would it be better for me to renew it in the Philippines (my other concern is, I won't be able to process it till May 16th and may not be able to get it on time before I come back here in Canada and will be stuck in the Philippines before my flight back.)

I would really appreciate your response... As I am worried of my situation.

Thanks ;)

For what I've seen on all the posts, my advice, apply in buffalo, you can still make it, they processe TRV very fast:) as long as u submit now with return envelope... It will take 2 weeks :) good luck