+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! Re-entry to CA to apply for BOWP with only 5 days left on WP?

nomad.ie

May 22, 2013
Hi Folks,

Grateful for some advice. My situation is as follows:

CEC applic received at Sydney 4 Sept 2013
AOR expected approx 6 Nov 2013
WP expires 5 Nov 2013

Normally I would just apply for a BOWP before expiry of WP on 5 Nov and send AOR along once received.

However, my problem is this: I temporarily left Canada on 4 Sept 2013 and will return on 1 Nov 2013. My intention is to apply for a BOWP immediately after re-entering Canada. Once my WP expires on 5 Nov, I would work on implied status until BOWP is granted (AOR should only be about a week behind BOWP applic & can hopefully be sent afterwards).

I am obviously extremely concerned that I will be refused entry on 1 Nov 2013 on my current WP as it will only have 5 days validity left.

Was just wondering if anyone knows of anything I can do to help myself or will it all just depend on the Officer on the day?

Also, if I could only come back in on a visitor record or something like that, could I then restore my status as a worker & apply for a BOWP?

I would appreciate any advice from you guys. I am really hoping not to be sent home while my applic is in process.

Thanks!

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
Hi Nomad... This is a really tough situation for you, there is a highly likely chance that you will refused entry as you have only 5 days left.

What you could do is to apply for extension of WP and provide the proof that you will be staying on a valid WP and that you have to leave for an "emergency".

Honestly, I feel there is more negative chance than positive.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BigBee said:
Hi Nomad... This is a really tough situation for you, there is a highly likely chance that you will refused entry as you have only 5 days left.

What you could do is to apply for extension of WP and provide the proof that you will be staying on a valid WP and that you have to leave for an "emergency".

Honestly, I feel there is more negative chance than positive.
I disagree. You have 5 days left.

If you are coming into the country to tie up loose ends, I don't see an issue. As long as the VO knows you intend to leave and not "overstay", there will be no issue. I wouldn't get into the full I intend to do XYZ.

If you then choose to apply for a BOWP when you enter the country, there will also be no issue - as you will be on "implied status" after your permit expires, thus you will have legal status.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BigBee said:
JSM.... Can we apply for BOWP without AOR?
Ideally, yes. However, if you get to the point where you need to apply in order to remain and don't have it yet, submit it anyway along with an explanation. I'd consider sending the paper application as I believe it takes longer to process so will buy you some time. That way, if you have received your AOR by a later date, they will be able to see it on the system and it shouldn't be an issue.

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
jsm0085 said:
Ideally, yes. However, if you get to the point where you need to apply in order to remain and don't have it yet, submit it anyway along with an explanation. I'd consider sending the paper application as I believe it takes longer to process so will buy you some time. That way, if you have received your AOR by a later date, they will be able to see it on the system and it shouldn't be an issue.
I think you mean: ideally, NO.

A good cover letter can really help

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
lpc19800 said:
I think you mean: ideally, NO.
A good cover letter can really help
Yep, agreed! Ideally, you wouldnt want to do this before you have the AOR. But, if you have no other choice, the worst that can happen is they say no. Submit an explanation with your circumstance and perhaps include a statement that you will forward/provide AOR when available.

Everything else is chance. Good luck!

nomad.ie

May 22, 2013
Hi Folks,

Had never posted before my request for advice 2 weeks ago - just wanted to say a quick thanks to all for your replies!

[AOR arrived in my inbox about 30 mins before my plane touched down in Vancouver. Was granted entry to now apply for BOWP with no hassle - luck of the Irish I guess :). All the best to anyone else out there waiting!]

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
congrats nomad.ie :)and welcome back to canada,winter is a lovely season.
you are very lucky to have received your AOR around this time,circumstances work on your side.
now your next step is to apply for your BOWP online asap,as per the current processing times on cic website you should be able to have it approved within 30 days.then start your job hunting while waiting on your PR application to be processed.
good luck on your immigration journey and hope achieve your goal towards the end.