+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP: question Regarding a Spouse Sponsorship

Egypt2018

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Question, I met a girl back in August we have been talking since everyday.. i went to meet her this new year break and got engaged with her and did the whole ring, and had mini ceremony with her family and my family and friends .. we hung out everyday and took pictures and have proof of commutation via whatsapp,facebook,viber and insta..

We are doing our FAt7a now in January im back in Canada and shes back home, aFat7a is our official marriage document. but no official wedding ceremony has been done.. i want to take that document use it to apply for spouse sponsorship.. would it work without having a white dress.. how do i do this ?

As my plan is to get it done first, then after go back and do the full wedding.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Expect that IRCC will scrutinize your application very closely. Marriage on the first meeting usually draws extra attention.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Question, I met a girl back in August we have been talking since everyday.. i went to meet her this new year break and got engaged with her and did the whole ring, and had mini ceremony with her family and my family and friends .. we hung out everyday and took pictures and have proof of commutation via whatsapp,facebook,viber and insta..

We are doing our FAt7a now in January im back in Canada and shes back home, aFat7a is our official marriage document. but no official wedding ceremony has been done.. i want to take that document use it to apply for spouse sponsorship.. would it work without having a white dress.. how do i do this ?

As my plan is to get it done first, then after go back and do the full wedding.
Why did you do the official marriage doc so quickly, and not just wait for your usual full wedding cermony? It appears you did this just to start her immigration process quicker, which may be seen as a marriage of convenience.

Due to the very quick time from meeting to married and applying for PR, you should expect longer than usual processing time, and a high chance of requiring interview. App as mentioned will be heavily scrutinized. You would be better to wait longer (preferably until full wedding with all family) to submit the app, but it's entirely up to you.

Egypt2018

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
I’m sure there is someone out there, that had the same situation as me. I heard it’s how you appply and explaining to them

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
same day of the interview
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
You can provide a good explanation. And also mention due to the luck of finances you are doing just a Civil marriage for now.
Just make sure to take enough pictures and I think you should be fine.

Egypt2018

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
I have lots of picture of us, her family and mine durning the engagement and ring ceremony ... so pretty much explain that I want to get the process done and then have full white dress wedding ceremony later back home. In those word. I would mention finances but my income and income taxes I’m submitting it wouldn’t line up .