+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!Question from a Nominee of Yukon Territory under the Stream Skilled Worker

ferlhzn

Dec 17, 2013
We already received the approval of our nomination in Yukon Territory on April this year along with that my father have a fulltime employment offer.

My question is, does my father need to apply for a work permit here in the Philippines so he can go to Canada and start working as soon as his application for work permit is approved while waiting for the approval of our application for Permanent Residence? Will it not complicate or affect our application for Permanent Residence because in our application for Permanent Residence we put that all dependants will accompany my father to Canada while in his application for work permit we put not accompanying for the dependants. Will that be okay? The rest of the family is planning to wait for the approval of the application of our Permanent Residence.

I really need your help to stop this confusion so that we can submit his application for work permit. Thank you so much! :)

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ferlhzn said:
We already received the approval of our nomination in Yukon Territory on April this year along with that my father have a fulltime employment offer.

My question is, does my father need to apply for a work permit here in the Philippines so he can go to Canada and start working as soon as his application for work permit is approved while waiting for the approval of our application for Permanent Residence? Will it not complicate or affect our application for Permanent Residence because in our application for Permanent Residence we put that all dependants will accompany my father to Canada while in his application for work permit we put not accompanying for the dependants. Will that be okay? The rest of the family is planning to wait for the approval of the application of our Permanent Residence.

I really need your help to stop this confusion so that we can submit his application for work permit. Thank you so much! :)
Yes, if your father has a job offer and a corresponding LMO, and would like to pursue this job opportunity, then he should apply first for a WP. There should be no problem between the WP and PR application - this falls under "dual-intent" - an application for temporary residence (i.e. Work Permit) while there is an application for Permanent Residence (i.e. Provincial Nomination). Your father can proceed with applying for the WP while the application for PR is being processed under PNP-Yukon.

See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2009/ob131.asp

especially: A22(2) states: “An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.” Dual intent is present when a foreign national, who has applied for permanent residence in Canada also applies to enter Canada for a temporary period as a visitor, worker or student. Dual intent on the part of the applicant is therefore not prima facie grounds for refusal of temporary resident status.

As to the question on non-accompanying dependents in the WP versus accompanying for PR - that should be fine.

With respect to the WP application, an accompanying dependent will be examined also for eligibility for entry into Canada, so he/she will also be required to undergo medicals, submit clearances, etc. down the line, in addition to needing an entry visa. Since none of the declared family members and dependents are accompanying on the WP, then expect only your father to undergo these procedures for getting the WP.

This is different from the PR application, wherein, all dependents are declared as accompanying and thus all will go through the processes and requirements for determining eligibility and admissibility as PR in Canada.

Just make sure the list/information of dependents match between the WP and PR forms/applications.

../all the best..

ferlhzn

Dec 17, 2013
Thank you for responding to my concern :)

With regards to the WP application we have this letter of support from Yukon that endorses my father to be issued an WP. It states there that my father have 5 accompanying dependents. Will it not complicate the application for WP if we put not accompanying for the dependents? I just want to make things clear. Hehe.

Thank you so much!

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ferlhzn said:
Thank you for responding to my concern :)

With regards to the WP application we have this letter of support from Yukon that endorses my father to be issued an WP. It states there that my father have 5 accompanying dependents. Will it not complicate the application for WP if we put not accompanying for the dependents? I just want to make things clear. Hehe.

Thank you so much!
Answer this first.
1. Was the application for WP a result of applying to YNP with which there is a GEO from an employer?
2. Or this WP will be made under a full-time employment offer with an LMO that is separate from the application for YNP?

Did your father look for an employer/full-time employment before applying for YNP or is this employment offer with the prospect of permanent residency/support for permanent residency under YNP -Skilled Worker stream?

ferlhzn

Dec 17, 2013
The application for WP was a result of the YNP and my father have a GEO from the employer.

I sent you a message too.

Thank you!

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ferlhzn said:
The application for WP was a result of the YNP and my father have a GEO from the employer.

I sent you a message too.

Thank you!
Then there is no problem for putting in the WP application that there is no accompanying dependents if this is what you intend as per your first post. That is relevant only for the WP application. The WP application will be treated separately from the PR application, and if there are no accompanying dependents on the WP application, then only your father will be examined for eligibility and admissibility to Canada as a worker/temporary resident.

The endorsement/support letter from YNP serves in lieu of an LMO, and will be used to get a WP.

.../atb

kkingra

Jul 2, 2012
does Yukon has overseas skilled worker category ? without job offer or low skill job offer like veterinary assistant or animal care taker ?