+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help, PR rejection due to Police Clearance Certificate!!!

alok4best

Dec 19, 2014
Frankfurt
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-Dec-2014
Nomination.....
24-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
7-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
7-Apr-2015
Med's Request
17-Jun-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jun-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
27-Nov-2015
nuksyed said:
So a quick question regarding all this. What if I have a PCC from a country AFTER I left. Then I go visit again for a 2 weeks vacation, do I need a PCC again?? or is the older one valid?
No. PCC is required only for stays above 6 months. But if your current PCC was issued more than 6 months ago, there is every chance of it being not accepted.

Sam_86

Dec 4, 2015
Dobas said:
It was returned as incomplete.
Does it mean that you will get your application fee back, and you can go back to pool again with same CIC account?
I am asking this because I have a same situation, and I am worried to get refused for the same reason. The problem is that I have PNP, and I don't know what happens to my PNP if my application gets refused.

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
alok4best said:
No. PCC is required only for stays above 6 months. But if your current PCC was issued more than 6 months ago, there is every chance of it being not accepted.
I reckon he was referring to a country he had earlier obtained a PCC for and had to visit that same country for 2 weeks for vacation.

esos4real

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
ibejiopad said:
I reckon he was referring to a country he had earlier obtained a PCC for and had to visit that same country for 2 weeks for vacation.
Ibeji how you dey?

Please I want o know oh! I went to naija for vacation in December and got PCC, and then returned to Saudi (country of residence), also got Saudi PCC and submitted.

Now some peeps on CV forum are saying it is not valid because I was in the country while I got PCC while some others are saying it doesn't matter. I checked cic website and you know how them be, it's not straightforward.

So I am advised by some that since I am in Saudi now, I should quickly get a new PCC sent from naija. Abeg guys is there anyone applying from outside naija that did same like me. What's the update. I dread rejection.

I don't want to get a new pcc now and go and put eye on an application that perhaps the VO was not even interested about??

PLS wetin ona suggest really??

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alok4best said:
This is incorrect, CIC clearly states that PCC are needed for stays that are AT LEAST 6 months CUMULATIVELY; and PCC needs to have been issued in the last 6 months prior to admission ONLY for the CURRENT country of residence. Meaning for example if one has returned multiple times to a country in which he FORMELY lived (be it for tourism; business; etc.) and IN TOTAL the duration spent in that country SINCE leaving (and obtaining a PCC) reaches or exceeds 6 months, that PCC will be rejected and so will the eAPR.

shivalk

May 13, 2017
Hello Dobas,

Today i also got rejection due to same reason. Did the authorities reconsider your case and reopend the rejected EE profile.

Regards,
Shival

Reactions: esos4real

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Hello Dobas,

Today i also got rejection due to same reason. Did the authorities reconsider your case and reopend the rejected EE profile.

Regards,
Shival
My first application was rejected due to PCC and they refused to re-open it. Best option is to re-enter the pool ASAP.

esos4real

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
Hello Dobas,

Regards,
Shival
Sorry to hear about your rejection. please what was the exact problem with your PCC sir?

SGtoCAD

Jan 27, 2017
Hi guys I would like to know, did you upload your nigerian PCC with the fingerprints in your application or not?

oliray

Nov 7, 2017
Ibeji how you dey?

Please I want o know oh! I went to naija for vacation in December and got PCC, and then returned to Saudi (country of residence), also got Saudi PCC and submitted.

Now some peeps on CV forum are saying it is not valid because I was in the country while I got PCC while some others are saying it doesn't matter. I checked cic website and you know how them be, it's not straightforward.

So I am advised by some that since I am in Saudi now, I should quickly get a new PCC sent from naija. Abeg guys is there anyone applying from outside naija that did same like me. What's the update. I dread rejection.

I don't want to get a new pcc now and go and put eye on an application that perhaps the VO was not even interested about??

PLS wetin ona suggest really??
Hi Esos, I am in an exact similar situation as you were. Saudi based, recent ITA, visited NIgeria in December and obtained PCC issued 3 days before leaving Nigeria. Do I need to get new PCC? How did you handle yours? Thanks

wonbinofchina

Dec 4, 2017
I am sorry to hear this. I am not sure how to proceed but i have couple of options

2 things u can do....

1. Apply for a new PCC and raise a CSE .... submit ur PCC... which may help to re-open (I am not sure...)
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

2. Get your refund, if any and apply a new EE

May I know, the date u got PCC and and the date u submitted tha application and also your home country
Do you know how long is a PCC valid for?
Given USA PCC application takes a long time, by the time I got my US PCC, all other PCC could have gone expired.
But I am living in US, the PCC for other countries I collected was for previous years. Does that also go expired?

GCMSBuddy

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Canada
Do you know how long is a PCC valid for?
Given USA PCC application takes a long time, by the time I got my US PCC, all other PCC could have gone expired.
But I am living in US, the PCC for other countries I collected was for previous years. Does that also go expired?
Now a days US PCC is not taking long with their new online application option. You can try that.
For PCC of other countries, if you have not visited the country again, after the PCC was issued, you are good.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/about.html

oliray

Nov 7, 2017
Have you submitted your application? Or did you get a new PCC?
Hi. I just waited a few days obtained a new PCC then submitted my application. According to Esos, he also did the same, but he said he hasn't found anyone who was rejected because PCC from Nigeria was received a few days to exiting the country..... but better safe than sorry so obtaining PCC is better since it is not very difficult to obtain a new one. Cheers

bharatr

Feb 19, 2018
When reading through this thread, I am scared about my situation.
I was holding a resident permit in Qatar from 1998-2011. If i go back to Qatar to apply for PCC, Should the issued PCC cover the duration that I visit Qatar inorder to apply for PCC or should it just cover the duration I was holding the resident permit?
I am confused by the CIC requirement 'PCC must be issued after last time the applicant lived in that country'.
Will this include the time I am planning to stay in Qatar to apply for PCC, say three days?
Should I provide any Letter of explanation regarding this?