+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help, PR rejection due to Police Clearance Certificate!!!

Dobas

Nov 13, 2015
Hello all, i applied for PR through express entry and today i got a mail that my application was refused because my Police Clearance certificate from my home Country is expired. what can i do? i think CIC should have asked me to provide a new one and not reject my application, i am currently in Canada, please what do i do, i meet every requirement for experience class.

kvr007

Aug 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Done....
25-11-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-04-2016
Dobas said:
Hello all, i applied for PR through express entry and today i got a mail that my application was refused because my Police Clearance certificate from my home Country is expired. what can i do? i think CIC should have asked me to provide a new one and not reject my application, i am currently in Canada, please what do i do, i meet every requirement for experience class.
I am sorry to hear this. I am not sure how to proceed but i have couple of options

2 things u can do....

1. Apply for a new PCC and raise a CSE .... submit ur PCC... which may help to re-open (I am not sure...)
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

2. Get your refund, if any and apply a new EE

May I know, the date u got PCC and and the date u submitted tha application and also your home country

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dobas said:
i think CIC should have asked me to provide a new one and not reject my application
That's not how it works. It's your responsibility to provide all of the required documents when you apply. If you fail to do that, you can expect a refusal.

As the above posted suggested, you can obtain the missing PCC and try asking CIC to reopen your file. It's impossible for any of us to say if this will work or not.

Good luck.

Dobas

Nov 13, 2015
Thank you for your suggestions all, I got my ITA in October and I applied in on November 4th and got my AOR same day, I passed medicals on November 16th and background check started same day November 16th, i am from Nigeria I attached my RCMP police clearance in Canada which I did recently and my Police certificate which I did in Nigeria before I left the Country three years ago. I will apply for a new PCC and raise a CSE and see how it goes. fingers crossed though. Hope it goes well for everyone. The darkest hour is the hour just before dawn. hang on peeps. Victory is near!!!

Reactions: oripounds

Reginald

Jun 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
SCH A Oct 20
AOR Received.
Sep 24
Dobas said:
Thank you for your suggestions all, I got my ITA in October and I applied in on November 4th and got my AOR same day, I passed medicals on November 16th and background check started same day November 16th, i am from Nigeria I attached my RCMP police clearance in Canada which I did recently and my Police certificate which I did in Nigeria before I left the Country three years ago. I will apply for a new PCC and raise a CSE and see how it goes. fingers crossed though. Hope it goes well for everyone. The darkest hour is the hour just before dawn. hang on peeps. Victory is near!!!
Your courage is admirable. I wish you the best this time. And to clarify, was your application returned as incomplete or refused?

Cheers

highty

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-214
Doc's Request.
27-10-2015
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Dobas said:
It was returned as incomplete.
@ Dobas if you require a new police report from Nigeria, I can help you do that. You can collect it same day from the police office. I got mine on Monday after paying #9000. I can send you the form to to ur email and also give you the contact numbet of the police guy who did mine own

You can message me privately

ibejiopad

Mar 28, 2015
Dobas said:
I would be mindful of the means of sourcing your new PCC and would do anything to ensure I follow the procedures set by CIC/IRCC to avoid another rejection.

@ highty,

Publicizing a shortcut to the PCC procedure on a public domain as this may not help other future applicants from your country.

timmituyi

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I seconde ibejiopad.

Dobas...please be mindful as PCC from Nigeria was 5k naira when I did mine few months ago.

Please contact someone you know at home to get the form from Alagbon police headquarters at Ikoyi Lagos....let the person scan it to you.

Fill it and do your finger prints and send it back through people going home for Christmas. Then get someone to process it at same Alagbon and scan it back to you immediately. The person can also courier it after scanning to you.

All the best.

ibejiopad said:
I would be mindful of the means of sourcing your new PCC and would do anything to ensure I follow the procedures set by CIC/IRCC to avoid another rejection.

@ highty,

Publicizing a shortcut to the PCC procedure on a public domain as this may not help other future applicants from your country.

highty

Nov 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-214
Doc's Request.
27-10-2015
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
timmituyi said:
I seconde ibejiopad.

Dobas...please be mindful as PCC from Nigeria was 5k naira when I did mine few months ago.

Please contact someone you know at home to get the form from Alagbon police headquarters at Ikoyi Lagos....let the person scan it to you.

Fill it and do your finger prints and send it back through people going home for Christmas. Then get someone to process it at same Alagbon and scan it back to you immediately. The person can also courier it after scanning to you.

All the best.
@ Ibejiopad I have no bad intentions when I offered to give assistance and nor even solicit for cut. I got my own PCC on Monday at police headquarters on Alagbon, Ikoyi and that was exactly what I paid. So if you are thinking otherwise that's up to you

There is no tricks or hiding game, I think it's best for him to contact someone he knows who can get it for him

Dobas

Nov 13, 2015
Thank you so much for your input everyone, I appreciate your contributions, I have started processing the PCC. Hope we all see the light at the end of the tunnel soonest. One day all our anxiety and worries will be history. Hang on!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Dobas said:
Well, this doesn't make sense. From CIC's perspective, police clearances do not "expire."

There are 2 different sets of rules:

- one set of rules for the country in which you are currently living (Canada - I assume that was also true at the time you applied), and no upfront PCC is required from Canada.

- a different set of rules for countries of previous residence - in your case, India - the rule is only that the PCC must have been issued AFTER you left the country. It does not expire.

"For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/infORmation/security/police-cert/intro.asp

So - was the problem that you obtained the India PCC before you left India?

If you obtained the India PCC after you moved to Canada, you should request a reconsideration, because they made an error...

Iatrogenic

Jun 10, 2015
highty said:
@ Dobas if you require a new police report from Nigeria, I can help you do that. You can collect it same day from the police office. I got mine on Monday after paying #9000. I can send you the form to to ur email and also give you the contact numbet of the police guy who did mine own

You can message me privately
Yeah you should have sent that privately.

Iatrogenic

Jun 10, 2015
Dobas said:
Get back in the pool quick.

KelChiAvan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
August 22, 2015
Passport Req..
January 15, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Februray 03, 2016
LANDED..........
Sometime in March
timmituyi said:
I seconde ibejiopad.

All the best.
This is really interesting! It seems police officer charges different price as there is no fixed price for the pcc! I paid over 15k naira for mine and got it same day! lol... So I really don't think the person suggesting was trying to get his cut! 9k compared to what I paid is way cheaper!