+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! PR application rejected and Work Permit still under processing!

Jun 9, 2017
Hi Guys,
I have been in Canada for 3 years and received my ITA in January 2017.

I submitted all my documents through an immigration lawyer in March. Since my passport was about to expire, i decided to renew my passport and then apply for my BOWP. My work permit was to expire on May 8th and i applied for my BOWP on April 28th after renewing my passport.

I received a response from the CIC officer on June 6th that my PR application had been rejected due to the reasons below:
"
With respect to your reported work experience for Company X, the supporting documents provided by you do not list the actions and duties you performed during this period of work. Therefore, I am not satisfied that you have performed actions and duties consistent with the stated NOC (0621).

With respect to your reported work experience as a Public Relations Manager for Company Y, the limited duties described in the reference letter provided by you dated 27FEB2017 appear more in line with those of NOC 6521 – Travel Consultant, which is not a NOC 0, A or B level occupation.
Consequently, I am not satisfied that you have completed at least one year of full time (or equivalent part time) work in a NOC 0, A or B level position in Canada within the three years before you submitted your application for permanent residence.
"

I want to reapply my application as my employer is ready to add the points which i performed that are missing from the letters that should qualify me as skilled for Company Y above . Seeing the previous cut offs i should qualify for the ITA in the next round as well. I am just not sure how long i legally have to stay in Canada and re apply seeing that my work permit expired on May 8th and if i get the rejection on the work permit as well.

Can i still stay for 90 days to work things out (Aug 8th)? Also is there a better solution anyone has in mind?

Thanks

Jun 9, 2017
Update:

My PR application was rejected due to some missing job duties on June 6th and because of that my work permit was rejected as well. I received the work permit rejection on June 15th. I want to re apply for my PR as soon as possible..
I have the following questions i need an answer to on a urgent basis as i am getting very vague replies form my lawyer and CIC:

1) By when exactly do I need to leave Canada legally? I have been hearing "as soon as possible" which is very vague as i have to close all accounts and work related formalities, book my flight tickets at a reasonable price etc.

2) I thought i had 90 days to restore my status but my lawyer told me it is not applicable on me since i have received an answer on my permit. Is it true?

3) What is the best option for me considering the above?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
Please help.
I have received an experience letter from my previous employer stating my duties below. I claimed points for NOC 3212 although I have a Biochemistry degree. Please does this letter appear insufficient for my claim. I have also listed the duties for NOC 3212 based on the CIC website below. I think my NOC code should be 3211. Do I change the code and add it in the LOE? The previous code for my main duties was NOC 3212. Thanks.
· Duties:
o Daily logged in patients’ identification and tests details into the register

o Collected patients’ blood and other samples and prepared them for screening.

o Performed haematological tests that includes blood grouping and screening for diabetes, hepatitis and HIV/AIDS.

o Collected specimens for microbiology and chemical analysis.

o Made ready equipment needed to carryout medical analysis.

o Delivered medical results of patients to doctors during consultation.

Main duties of 3211
Main duties

Medical laboratory technologists perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Set up, operate and maintain laboratory equipment
  • Conduct and interpret chemical analyses of blood, urine, and cerebrospinal and other body fluids
  • Study blood cells and other tissues to determine their relation to various physiological and pathological conditions
  • Prepare tissue sections for microscopic examinations using techniques to demonstrate special cellular tissue elements or other characteristics
  • Perform and interpret blood group, type and compatibility tests for transfusion purposes
  • Establish procedures for the analysis of specimens and for medical laboratory experiments
  • Conduct quality control assessment of testing techniques
  • May supervise and train other medical laboratory technical staff, students and helpers
  • May assist pathologists during autopsies.
  • Medical laboratory technologists may specialize in areas such as clinical chemistry, clinical microbiology, hematology, histotechnology, immunohematology, cytotechnology and cytogenetics.
Employment requirements
  • A two- or three-year college program in medical laboratory technology is required and A period of supervised practical training may be required.
  • Registration with a regulatory body is required in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta.

Main duties of NOC 3212
Medical laboratory technicians perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Collect, sort and prepare blood, tissue and other samples from patients
  • Log and validate patient samples and prepare them for testing
  • Set up medical laboratory equipment
  • Conduct routine laboratory tests and sample analyses
  • Perform quality assurance of testing techniques
  • Clean and maintain medical laboratory and medical laboratory equipment.
Pathologists' assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Prepare for autopsies by obtaining patients' medical records and arranging for radiographic examinations
  • Prepare, assist with or perform autopsies and surgical specimen examinations under pathologists' supervision
  • Dissect, examine, weigh, photograph and X-ray organs and specimens, collect tissue samples for chemical analysis and record findings
  • Discard specimens according to established safety procedures
  • Clean and maintain instruments, equipment and supplies
  • Develop and maintain processes for laboratory quality control
  • May prepare bodies for release to funeral homes following completion of autopsies
  • May supervise and train junior resident pathologists and morgue attendants.
Employment requirements
  • Medical laboratory technicians/assistants require completion of a college certificate program in medical laboratory science.
  • Certification by the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science is usually required by employers for medical laboratory technicians/assistants.
  • Combined laboratory and X-ray technicians require completion of a combined laboratory X-ray technology program.
  • Pathologists' assistants require some post-secondary courses or a university degree in life sciences and Specialized on-the-job training.
  • Certification by the American Society for Clinical Pathology – Board of Certification or Pathologists’ Assistant Certification Examination is usually required by employers.