+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help - possibly 1 day less than 1 year work experience requirement

Wasabi321

Feb 19, 2015
Hi seniors, I'm kind of having a panic attack after realizing I might have 1 day less than the one year work experience required by cec. Please help me to analyze if I'm in trouble..

To give you a timeline:
My full time position started on June 13, 2013 (under off campus work permit)
My pgwp started July 19, 2013
I signed my application forms on July 25, 2014
My application was received by cic on August 4, 2014

It seems like I have more than a year of work experience, however, I just remembered I took 6 days of unpaid leave early 2014.. Which means I need to work at least 6 more days after 07/19/2014. My question is, is cic going to calculate the end of my work experience using the signature date on the form or recieved date? If it is the former one then Im screwed..

To give you some more background info, I work 35hours a week for the same employer until now. I submitted all my pay stubs (bi weekly) so cic can see one pay stub only with 56 hours and another one with 42.

Is there anything I could do or am I just driving myself crazy? I know I should have kept some buffer time, my mistake...

Reactions: ravindermogili

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, this is the risk of not having some buffer time for contingency. Not to mention right now CIC has been criticized for having major errors in processing immigration applications. That means they will try to improve their review process.

Depending on your V.Os, your application could go either way. But since you have found weakness in your application, just be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. Who knows you will have a nice V.O that will consider your experience under OCWP, or maybe that person will think you met the qualifying experience already.

I know its hard, but try not to think too much about it. Distract yourself with new hobbies and activities. You will find out what needs to be done when the time comes...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Wasabi321 said:
As long as you had already graduated and were no longer a full-time student, that should count as your start date.

My question is, is cic going to calculate the end of my work experience using the signature date on the form or recieved date?
Usually, end date is the date of your Letter of Employment.

Nothing you can really do now, but if the question comes up, and you can prove that you were no longer a student on June 13, 2013, that may help.

ravindermogili

Oct 15, 2019
Hi seniors, I'm kind of having a panic attack after realizing I might have 1 day less than the one year work experience required by cec. Please help me to analyze if I'm in trouble..

To give you a timeline:
My pgwp started July 19, 2013
I signed my application forms on July 25, 2014
My application was received by cic on August 4, 2014

It seems like I have more than a year of work experience, however, I just remembered I took 6 days of unpaid leave early 2014.. Which means I need to work at least 6 more days after 07/19/2014. My question is, is cic going to calculate the end of my work experience using the signature date on the form or recieved date? If it is the former one then Im screwed..

To give you some more background info, I work 35hours a week for the same employer until now. I submitted all my pay stubs (bi weekly) so cic can see one pay stub only with 56 hours and another one with 42.

Is there anything I could do or am I just driving myself crazy? I know I should have kept some buffer time, my mistake...

May I know what had happend to your PR Application? I'm in the same situation. I'm away of 1 day to get 52 weeks of experience. I'm away of 18 hrs work experience to get 1560hrs. It happend because i was under temporary layoff for ~3 monhs due to Covid19. Could you please share your experience? It will help me a lot. Thanks!