+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: Points for Work Experience

gseek

Jun 11, 2008
Hello everyone,

I am a novice in the area of immigration to Canada, however, I am planning to submit my own application, and I have came across with the following problem.

In Work Experience, I have done two jobs, first one as a financial auditor (3.5 years), and second one as a financial controller (1.5 years). Therefore, total work experience is 5 years. Both job have the same NOC classification (1111).

My question is: Can I claim 4 years of Work Experience points, because I have worked on the same NOC Classification for more than 4 years? Or I can only claim 3.5 years, because the second job is a different job, although it is under the same NOC classification?

Many thanks if anyone can help me on this.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gseek said:
Hello everyone,

I am a novice in the area of immigration to Canada, however, I am planning to submit my own application, and I have came across with the following problem.

In Work Experience, I have done two jobs, first one as a financial auditor (3.5 years), and second one as a financial controller (1.5 years). Therefore, total work experience is 5 years. Both job have the same NOC classification (1111).

My question is: Can I claim 4 years of Work Experience points, because I have worked on the same NOC Classification for more than 4 years? Or I can only claim 3.5 years, because the second job is a different job, although it is under the same NOC classification?

Many thanks if anyone can help me on this.
5 years it doesn't matter as long as the skilled work is in either NOC A,B or O level, it is counted.

PMM

gseek

Jun 11, 2008
Many thanks,PMM!

Do you mean that even if the work experience is under different NOC, as long as they are either NOC A,B or O level, we can combine the number of years and claim the relevant points?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gseek said:
Many thanks,PMM!

Do you mean that even if the work experience is under different NOC, as long as they are either NOC A,B or O level, we can combine the number of years and claim the relevant points?
Yes

PMM