+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help plz

saadbhatti1

Jan 26, 2016
Hi how r u
I need help kindly guide me in this matter.
Now I get my baby birth certificate (baby born on Canada and i Sponcer husband and now i am in Canada ) I want to know Embassy about my baby born who she born in Canada but I don't know how I inform to Embassy .
I shall be very thankful
Thanks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
saadbhatti1 said:
Hi how r u
I need help kindly guide me in this matter.
Now I get my baby birth certificate (baby born on Canada and i Sponcer husband and now i am in Canada ) I want to know Embassy about my baby born who she born in Canada but I don't know how I inform to Embassy .
I shall be very thankful
Thanks
I was just checking your previous posts -- your wife had a baby, and she is Canadian? Is that correct?

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
saadbhatti1 said:
yes correct
Congrats!

So in this case, the baby has Canadian Citizenship by descent. You should follow up with CIC by sending a Case Specific Enquiry to advise them of the birth, and include the baby's birth certificate. It won't change the sponsorship application, but it's how you avoid problems later.

You should also apply for Canadian Citizenship for your baby here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0003ETOC.asp

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
saadbhatti1 said:
I want to know Embassy about my baby born who she born in Canada but I don't know how I inform to Embassy .
Send a Case Specific Enquiry and include a copy of the baby's Canadian birth certificate.

profiler said:
So in this case, the baby has Canadian Citizenship by descent. You should follow up with CIC by sending a Case Specific Enquiry to advise them of the birth, and include the baby's birth certificate. It won't change the sponsorship application, but it's how you avoid problems later.

You should also apply for Canadian Citizenship for your baby here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0003ETOC.asp
As OP stated, the baby was born in Canada, so she is not a citizen by descent and OP doesn't need to do anything regarding her citizenship.

Also, Canadian citizens born abroad need to apply for a Certificate of Citizenship, not a grant of citizenship. These are VERY different things.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
canuck_in_uk said:
As OP stated, the baby was born in Canada, so she is not a citizen by descent and OP doesn't need to do anything regarding her citizenship.

Also, Canadian citizens born abroad need to apply for a Certificate of Citizenship, not a grant of citizenship. These are VERY different things.
I didn't see that the child was born in Canada. You are correct that they do not require to apply for Citizenship.