+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP PLZ Should i inform Immigration officials about my second marriage before sponser my spouse

R H

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
You will have to show that you can support your family in Canada during the application. Are you currently working and will you qualify for maternity leave payments (work over 600 hours in the year before delivery)? Maternity payments are pretty low so do you have extra savings, does the father send you money or do you have family supporting you financially? Either you or your spouse will need to show that you can support your family without government support. The cost of daycare can be prohibitive when it comes to women who are alone in Canada returning to work unless their salary is high enough or live in a province where daycare is inexpensive. Too late but would have been much easier to wait to have a child until your husband was in Canada and had PR.
Alarming!!
What is processing time of spousal sponsership for quebec? And what is csq what are requirements to apply csq?

Reactions: Tam_anna

Tam_anna

Star Member
Dec 8, 2019
Alarming!!
What is processing time of spousal sponsership for quebec? And what is csq what are requirements to apply csq?
Where is ur husband? Mostly 12 t0 16 months and csq take 5 months now depends where is ur husband.cuz some countries take more time for security check.

R H

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Where is ur husband? Mostly 12 t0 16 months and csq take 5 months now depends where is ur husband.cuz some countries take more time for security check.
He is in pakistan. What is actually csq? 5 months for csq included in 12 to 16 months process?

Tam_anna

Star Member
Dec 8, 2019
He is in pakistan. What is actually csq? 5 months for csq included in 12 to 16 months process?
if u live in Québec province u need to apply for Quebec immigration(csq) once federal accept ur application.the process of each application are different since u had a divorce b4 u need to prove ur new relationship.

R H

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
if u live in Québec province u need to apply for Quebec immigration(csq) once federal accept ur application.the process of each application are different since u had a divorce b4 u need to prove ur new relationship.
We are having a baby togather what else i need to prove for the relationship?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Alarming!!
Not sure what is alarming. You went through the sponsorship process although it may have been at a time where Outland was faster than inland. Now they are about the same at around 1 year although Pakistan is on average longer processing time and then you have CSQ. You must remain strong n Canada as a PR who is sponsoring a spouse although a short vacation of 2-3 weeks seems to be tolerated. Just making sure you are also compliant with your RO. That is also needed to sponsor.

Unfortunately some trying to secure immigration think that a baby is proof of a marriage and have a baby just for that purpose.

Reactions: R H

R H

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Not sure what is alarming. You went through the sponsorship process although it may have been at a time where Outland was faster than inland. Now they are about the same at around 1 year although Pakistan is on average longer processing time and then you have CSQ. You must remain strong n Canada as a PR who is sponsoring a spouse although a short vacation of 2-3 weeks seems to be tolerated. Just making sure you are also compliant with your RO. That is also needed to sponsor.

Unfortunately some trying to secure immigration think that a baby is proof of a marriage and have a baby just for that purpose.
Thank you canuck78 i am feeling couragous after reading your comment. All what happened was not planned actually. I was pregnant and i had to live for 730 days here to stay PR so i travelled here and living here now. Can you please elaborate "compilant with your RO" what should i do more? Does this mean i should stay here for 730 days only? RO means residency obligations?

Last edited:

R H

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
A baby is not proof of relationship. Look at the checklist to see what proofs are required.
Canuck_in_uk i have followed all the process of divorce and again married through proper process which is implemented in pakistan. I have divorce papers my second marriage certificates and movie and photographs of marriage ceremony i mean to say all documental proof which is required for the application. Will this be sufficient?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Canuck_in_uk i have followed all the process of divorce and again married through proper process which is implemented in pakistan. I have divorce papers my second marriage certificates and movie and photographs of marriage ceremony i mean to say all documental proof which is required for the application. Will this be sufficient?
Again, you need to look at the checklist to see if you have the required proofs.

Reactions: R H

R H

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Again, you need to look at the checklist to see if you have the required proofs.
Thank you now i am clear about all.
One last question. I have lost my landing paper. Can i apply for a new landing paper?

Last edited: