+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP PLZ Should i inform Immigration officials about my second marriage before sponser my spouse

R H

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Hi
I am a canadian PR and landed in sept 2015 on a spousal sponsership visa. Due to problems between us we got seperated and itook divorced in april 2018. I again married in aug 2018 and i know that there is five year ban imposed on me that i cannot sponser my husband before sept 2020. My question is
Do i need to update my status (of divorce and again married) somewhere before sponsering my husband or i have to show divorce papers and new marriage papers in the application of sponsership at the time of sponsering my husband? I live in quebic.
Did i had to wait for certain time to marry again after divorce as my marriage was happened outside canada both the times and that country have no objection of marrying again anytime.
Kindly answer someone plz

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi
I am a canadian PR and landed in sept 2015 on a spousal sponsership visa. Due to problems between us we got seperated and itook divorced in april 2018. I again married in aug 2018 and i know that there is five year ban imposed on me that i cannot sponser my husband before sept 2020. My question is
Do i need to update my status (of divorce and again married) somewhere before sponsering my husband or i have to show divorce papers and new marriage papers in the application of sponsership at the time of sponsering my husband? I live in quebic.
Did i had to wait for certain time to marry again after divorce as my marriage was happened outside canada both the times and that country have no objection of marrying again anytime.
Kindly answer someone plz
No, you don't update IRCC until you actually submit another application. You can get married whenever you want.

Reactions: R H

R H

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
No, you don't update IRCC until you actually submit another application. You can get married whenever you want.
Thank you so much canuck_in_uk i really appreciate your response i have some other questions related to this
1. I got 1st visa entry to canada on my native country passport before PR card. That passport contain my ex- spouse name as husband name but my original name is not changed. Do i need to change my passport before i sponser?
2. I am now 6 month pragnent and four and a half years have passed out of 5 years ban. Can i sponser my husband right now as we are having baby now?
3. If my new born baby gets social assistance or welfare, am i eligible to sponser my spouse?
4. If i get welfare for the period of pragnency as i cannot work, will this affact my sponsership process?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thank you so much canuck_in_uk i really appreciate your response i have some other questions related to this
1. I got 1st visa entry to canada on my native country passport before PR card. That passport contain my ex- spouse name as husband name but my original name is not changed. Do i need to change my passport before i sponser?
2. I am now 6 month pragnent and four and a half years have passed out of 5 years ban. Can i sponser my husband right now as we are having baby now?
3. If my new born baby gets social assistance or welfare, am i eligible to sponser my spouse?
4. If i get welfare for the period of pragnency as i cannot work, will this affact my sponsership process?
1. No.
2. No, you have to wait the five years.
3. You can't be receiving welfare if you're going to be sponsoring.
4. EI for parental leave will not affect, welfare will.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
1. You don't need to change your name.

2. Being pregnant doesn't in any way exempt you from the law. You are barred for 5 years.

3 amd 4. Your child can't get welfare. You would get the welfare, which would disqualify you as a sponsor.

R H

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020

2. Being pregnant doesn't in any way exempt you from the law. You are barred for 5 years.

3 amd 4. Your child can't get welfare. You would get the welfare, which would disqualify you as a sponsor.
I am not clear about my child. What benifits can my child get which will not affect my sponsership?

R H

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020

I am asking about to change the passport as it contain ex husband name

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You will have to show that you can support your family in Canada during the application. Are you currently working and will you qualify for maternity leave payments (work over 600 hours in the year before delivery)? Maternity payments are pretty low so do you have extra savings, does the father send you money or do you have family supporting you financially? Either you or your spouse will need to show that you can support your family without government support. The cost of daycare can be prohibitive when it comes to women who are alone in Canada returning to work unless their salary is high enough or live in a province where daycare is inexpensive. Too late but would have been much easier to wait to have a child until your husband was in Canada and had PR.