+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help please

vixengrrr

Jun 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm planning on getting married in serbia next summer (civil union) I'm also planning on staying with my boyfriend who lives there while starting our sponsorship process ( is this doable?) I know I dont need a visa for under 3 months, but I'd stay for about 6 months and I'm not planning on working or studying. I just wanna be with him so the separation is less hard on both of us but I have no idea if i can even stay there and get a visa for that long with no other purpose to wanting to be with my boyfriend? Thanks for the heads up.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
I dont about visas for serbia.....
Are you a canadian citizen?

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinklady said:
I dont about visas for serbia.....
Are you a canadian citizen?
Yes Canadian citizens traveling to Serbia need a visa if visit will be over 90 days

http://serbia.visahq.ca/

vixengrrr

Jun 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I'm a canadian citizen, i guess what im asking is it possible to file for spouse sponsorship while were staying together in serbia?

mercur

Star Member
Jul 19, 2011
Gatineau, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
If you are a Canadian Citizen, you can do that.

glak1234

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That was my initial question when I was looking into the sponsorship too.. Also Serbian Canadian
You can sponsor him while outside Canada, even from Serbia since you are a canadian citizen....
but also, if you start the process while still in Canada , you can go visit him and be with him without having to prove to them that you two will come back to Canada, thats what I did... But if you state on your application that you are going to apply while outside Canada (while in Serbia) you will have to prove to them that you will return to Canada (which makes the process more complicated) show them a job offer from Canada, or a school admissions letter, or letters from parents..

I dont know, My suggestion to you is that, if at all possible, since you don't have to have an income to sponsor him (I didn't either), send all your papers from Canada to begin your procecss, and then go to Serbia to be with him... because if you send your papers from Serbia, you will have to prove all of that to them (like I already stated) and that just complicates the whole thing... just my opinion...

As for the Visa, I am here 4 months now and even though after 3 months your visa is out, all you have to do is cross a border and come back and you have another 3 months.. thats what the officials here told us we can do...

I dont know if that made any sense but feel free to ask any questions I can help you out

mimina82

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/28/2014
AOR Received.
10/29/2014
File Transfer...
01/09/2015 (line later disappeared from ecas)
Interview........
03/27/2015
Hello, you will find your answer here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900E2.asp

it says....

If I live outside Canada, may I sponsor?
If you are a Canadian citizen, you may sponsor a spouse, a common-law partner or conjugal partner, or a dependent child who has no children of his or her own. However, you must demonstrate that you will live in Canada when the sponsored person becomes a permanent resident.

Note: Permanent residents residing abroad may not sponsor from outside of Canada. Canadian citizens travelling as tourists are not considered to be residing abroad.

I hope this helps!!

vixengrrr

Jun 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
glak1234 said:
That was my initial question when I was looking into the sponsorship too.. Also Serbian Canadian
You can sponsor him while outside Canada, even from Serbia since you are a canadian citizen....
but also, if you start the process while still in Canada , you can go visit him and be with him without having to prove to them that you two will come back to Canada, thats what I did... But if you state on your application that you are going to apply while outside Canada (while in Serbia) you will have to prove to them that you will return to Canada (which makes the process more complicated) show them a job offer from Canada, or a school admissions letter, or letters from parents..

I dont know, My suggestion to you is that, if at all possible, since you don't have to have an income to sponsor him (I didn't either), send all your papers from Canada to begin your procecss, and then go to Serbia to be with him... because if you send your papers from Serbia, you will have to prove all of that to them (like I already stated) and that just complicates the whole thing... just my opinion...

As for the Visa, I am here 4 months now and even though after 3 months your visa is out, all you have to do is cross a border and come back and you have another 3 months.. thats what the officials here told us we can do...

I dont know if that made any sense but feel free to ask any questions I can help you out
So for prolonging your stay you simply cross the border? As in any surrounding country? (Hungary..Romania..ect) You don't need any documents other than passport? And how long does it takes for you to come back in? I really wanna make sure this is valid since I read how illegal longer stay in the country can end up with severe charges.

Well I'm planning on having the civil union and staying there for at least 6 months ( I really wanna avoid going back and forth) , wouldn't a plane ticket with a return date be enough to prove that I'm coming back? Also, I'm not Serbian I'm in fact Canadian born from Portuguese parents, wouldn't that help the cause that I have no other ties in Serbia other than him and matter or fact show that I wanna come back home to Canada with him as the process follows through. Thanks for your help! Hvala! ;)

glak1234

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My mistake, I see from Miminas post that you won't be residing outside of the country so technically you won't need to prove that you will come back..so I think you are fine just sending the papers from Serbia too..
If you had their national documentation and were actually a resident of Serbia then you would have to prove you will come back I believe.. I will let someone else answer that too...

When you get to your boyfriends place, he has 24 hrs to register your stay to his address (that is, at the police station or something similar) That will be your 3 month visa, the little card you get (all you need is your canadian passport).. Now since you plan to stay 6 months, there is no harm in going somewhere on a trip like to Austria or any neighbouring country with your boyfriend as a tourist in this case there is nothing illegal about that, and when you cross the border, the Serbian officials will take that little card that says you are registered.. Once you come back into Serbia, your boyfriend will just have to register you again, and when he goes he just says you guys went on a trip to Austria for ex. and they give you the little card again, and that is now a new 3 months that you have..
I was here since June, in July we went to Greece and when I got back we registered me again, so it renewed the 3 months... We just got back 2 days ago from Austria and he just registered me again today again so I have another 3 months from todays date.. they didn't ask me anything.. even if they did, its my husband, we take trips.. no harm

You can also apply for a prolonged visa like 6 months or something too, but I dont know much about that.. either way this was easier for us since we traveled a bit too...nothing illegal about it..

vixengrrr

Jun 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
glak1234 said:
My mistake, I see from Miminas post that you won't be residing outside of the country so technically you won't need to prove that you will come back..so I think you are fine just sending the papers from Serbia too..
If you had their national documentation and were actually a resident of Serbia then you would have to prove you will come back I believe.. I will let someone else answer that too...

When you get to your boyfriends place, he has 24 hrs to register your stay to his address (that is, at the police station or something similar) That will be your 3 month visa, the little card you get (all you need is your canadian passport).. Now since you plan to stay 6 months, there is no harm in going somewhere on a trip like to Austria or any neighbouring country with your boyfriend as a tourist in this case there is nothing illegal about that, and when you cross the border, the Serbian officials will take that little card that says you are registered.. Once you come back into Serbia, your boyfriend will just have to register you again, and when he goes he just says you guys went on a trip to Austria for ex. and they give you the little card again, and that is now a new 3 months that you have..
I was here since June, in July we went to Greece and when I got back we registered me again, so it renewed the 3 months... We just got back 2 days ago from Austria and he just registered me again today again so I have another 3 months from todays date.. they didn't ask me anything.. even if they did, its my husband, we take trips.. no harm

You can also apply for a prolonged visa like 6 months or something too, but I dont know much about that.. either way this was easier for us since we traveled a bit too...nothing illegal about it..
I got that card last times i was in serbia visiting my boyfriend :)

You actually went visiting when you went to Austria or Greece but lets say we simply cross the border, is it possible to simply go around and come back in? Would that go well too? My boyfriend will get informed as to how to get me a longer visa option though.
I'm gonna try and look into the 6 months visa option, but if not I'll defenitly do what you stated above. :D