+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help please!!!!

dawit Melesse

Aug 1, 2020
Hello there,
I have applied for September 2021 intake. Class will be started on sep 07. My question is what will happen to my application if I don't get the decision up to the start of the class? Will they stop the process or give there decision even after the start class?

lovepreet_singh

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Hello there,
I have applied for September 2021 intake. Class will be started on sep 07. My question is what will happen to my application if I don't get the decision up to the start of the class? Will they stop the process or give there decision even after the start class?
IF YOUR PROGRAM IS ONLINE THEN YOU CAN GET THE ONLINE CLASSES IF COLLEGE ALLOWS YOU OR IRCC PROVIDE YOU AIP....
IF ITS HYBRID THEN YOU NEED TO DEFER (IF YOU GET THE DECISION BY SEPT 7)
BUT YOU CAN DEFER YOUR PROGRAM TO ANOTHER NEXT POSSIBLE INTAKE WITHIN A WEEK AFTER SEPT 7....CONSULT YOUR COLLEGE..UNTIL WHAT DATE YOU CAN DEFER THE PROGRAM

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
Hello there,
They won't stop process. There is no way to know when will they give decision. It will depend on your profile, the visa office you applied to, No of backlogs they have and many more. There is a chance you will get decision within start date but no assurance. Call or raise a webform to ircc prior four weeks of your studies about what the status is and mention about your start date.

If somehow you does not receive a decision on time then as lovepreet_singh said defer or start online(I do not suggest starting online considering how some students had to suffer lose of time and money in the past). Defering would be the best choice but if your college can assure you on a refund for some weeks or months even after starting studies or you won't mind losing the amount and time then you can start your studies online and wait for the study permit decision. Choose what is right for you.

Reactions: dawit Melesse

dawit Melesse

Aug 1, 2020
Hello there,
I have applied for September 2021 intake. Class will be started on sep 07. My question is what will happen to my application
IF YOUR PROGRAM IS ONLINE THEN YOU CAN GET THE ONLINE CLASSES IF COLLEGE ALLOWS YOU OR IRCC PROVIDE YOU AIP....
IF ITS HYBRID THEN YOU NEED TO DEFER (IF YOU GET THE DECISION BY SEPT 7)
BUT YOU CAN DEFER YOUR PROGRAM TO ANOTHER NEXT POSSIBLE INTAKE WITHIN A WEEK AFTER SEPT 7....CONSULT YOUR COLLEGE..UNTIL WHAT DATE YOU CAN DEFER THE PROGRAM
Thank you for your quick response,
Ofcourse I will defer if I don't the decision in time. But what catches me here is let's say the decision was late and I deferred to Jan 2022 intake, do they still continue processing the application after the registration date passed? will they stop and reject the application ? Or will they ask for new updated letter of acceptance?

dawit Melesse

Aug 1, 2020
They won't stop process. There is no way to know when will they give decision. It will depend on your profile, the visa office you applied to, No of backlogs they have and many more. There is a chance you will get decision within start date but no assurance. Call or raise a webform to ircc prior four weeks of your studies about what the status is and mention about your start date.

If somehow you does not receive a decision on time then as lovepreet_singh said defer or start online(I do not suggest starting online considering how some students had to suffer lose of time and money in the past). Defering would be the best choice but if your college can assure you on a refund for some weeks or months even after starting studies or you won't mind losing the amount and time then you can start your studies online and wait for the study permit decision. Choose what is right for you.
Ofcourse I will defer if I don't get a decision in time. But what catches me here is let's say the decision was late and I deferred to Jan 2022 intake, do they still continue processing the application after the registration date passed? will they stop and reject the application ? Or will they ask for new updated letter of acceptance?

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
Ofcourse I will defer if I don't the decision in time. But what catches me here is let's say the decision was late and I deferred to Jan 2022 intake, do they still continue processing the application after the registration date passed? will they stop and reject the application ? Or will they ask for new updated letter of acceptance?
Yes they would continue the process, you have to notify them with new loa only if the start date is past 180 days from the previous loa(The one you used to apply for study permit).

lovepreet_singh

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
ONE WEEK BEFORE, WHEN YOU KNOW THAT YOU HAVE NO PROGRESSION IN YOUR FILE, ASK THE COLLEGE FOR DEFERMENT TO NEXT INTAKE,
THEY WILL PROVIDE YOU NEW LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE WITH NEW DATES... YOU CAN UPLOAD THAT LATER OR YOU CAN ASK YOUR AGENT TO UPLOAD...
IT WILL NOT AFFECT THE APPLICATION....
MANY STUDENTS DO THIS

dawit Melesse

Aug 1, 2020
Yes they would continue the process, you have to notify them with new loa only if the start date is past 180 days from the previous loa(The one you used to apply for study permit).
Thank you again!
So you are saying still they will give study permit even after the 180days late for start of the class? I mean how do they give a study permit for a program which has already started?

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
Thank you again!
So you are saying still they will give study permit even after the 180days late for start of the class? I mean how do they give a study permit for a program which has already started?
I was mentioning that you only have to notify them about new loa if study permit is issued to you before you get your new loa and if the start date mentioned in the new loa is more than 180 days from the start date in old loa. If study permit is not issued by the time you get your new loa then you can notify and upload new loa right away using a webform.

dawit Melesse

Aug 1, 2020
I was mentioning that you only have to notify them about new loa if study permit is issued to you before you get your new loa and if the start date mentioned in the new loa is more than 180 days from the start date in old loa. If study permit is not issued by the time you get your new loa then you can notify and upload new loa right away using a webform.
Thank you very very much!