+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP PLEASE

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
The second one.

You were required to complete a medical when your mother was sponsored.
This.

You will not be recognized as a member of the family class because you were not medically examined/declared as part of your mother's PR application. The USA and Canada are 2 different countries so it just does not matter what testing/processes you did for the USA. Your mother's income also has nothing to do with this. You cannot be sponsored as a dependent.

Your only legal way to immigrate is to try and qualify for economic programs but it will take time and money. I highly doubt you will be approved for any temporary visas/permits because of your failed refugee claim. This is why it is pertinent to speak with a lawyer before claiming asylum, your travel freedom is extremely affected when it fails. Instead of being able to cross the border from time to time to visit your mom, it looks like you and her will need to meet somewhere else.

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Hello for anyone that helping me out , i found out that my mother was sponsored by the church and not by my aunt or grandparents , she was sponsored regularly through church and was never a refugee , if this changes anything please let me know

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
No. It doesn't matter where you are. Canada and the U.S. are two completely separate countries. It was mandatory that you complete a medical when your mother was sponsored for PR to Canada.
I found out that my mother was sponsored by a christian church and was never a refugee. She did mention that she has us as her kids but was never required for us to do medical exam as we were out of the country

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I found out that my mother was sponsored by a christian church and was never a refugee. She did mention that she has us as her kids but was never required for us to do medical exam as we were out of the country
OK - since she came as a refugee, that may be OK. She has submitted the sponsorship application - so that is good. But again, you should expect this application will take around a year to process.

If you want to enter Canada before that application is processed, your only option is to try to apply for the TRP.

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
OK - since she came as a refugee, that may be OK. She has submitted the sponsorship application - so that is good. But again, you should expect this application will take around a year to process.

If you want to enter Canada before that application is processed, your only option is to try to apply for the TRP.
She was never a refugee she came with a church application sponsorship. But that's still okay ? I'm I still eligible for the sponsorship ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
She was never a refugee she came with a church application sponsorship. But that's still okay ? I'm I still eligible for the sponsorship ?
If a church sponsored her, yes, she came as a refugee. Churches can't just sponsor anyone they want. They can only sponsor refugees.

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
How come she didnt recieve any refugee benefits or anything ? She was required that she didnt need help of the goverment in the sponsorship

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

How come she didnt recieve any refugee benefits or anything ? She was required that she didnt need help of the goverment in the sponsorship

1, Because (it appears) that she was sponsored by a group of 5, who were responsible for helping her int he first year.

Nkhouchaba

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Yes u are right, does that mean I am still eligible for sponsorship through her ?? We already filed the application 1 month ago and I am 21 years old turning 22 in August 1st ?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok it does not matter which way you mother has gained her PR (economic class, refugee claim or family class or other).
In any PR application she had to list all her dependants weather they will accompany her or not. Failing to do so will exclude such dependants to be ever sponsored by her in the future.
And attention asylum claim and PR application are 2 different things. Successful asylum claim is needed for PR application in case of a refugee. But while for asylum claim she might have used a group of 5, for her PR claim it was irrelevant which asylum stream did she used as long as it was approved.

So with that being said, expect your application being most likely rejected. (unless you would be the rare case where PR was posted and approved when dependant were seen as 19 years or younger and you have just been older than 19 at the whole process). Speaking with a good lawyer about your whole situation would be a good idea.
Additionally if you are now married or in a common law, then you cannot be sponsored once you are 18+

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ok it does not matter which way you mother has gained her PR (economic class, refugee claim or family class or other).
In any PR application she had to list all her dependants weather they will accompany her or not. Failing to do so will exclude such dependants to be ever sponsored by her in the future.
And attention asylum claim and PR application are 2 different things. Successful asylum claim is needed for PR application in case of a refugee. But while for asylum claim she might have used a group of 5, for her PR claim it was irrelevant which asylum stream did she used as long as it was approved.

So with that being said, expect your application being most likely rejected. (unless you would be the rare case where PR was posted and approved when dependant were seen as 19 years or younger and you have just been older than 19 at the whole process). Speaking with a good lawyer about your whole situation would be a good idea.
Additionally if you are now married or in a common law, then you cannot be sponsored once you are 18+
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/sponsorship-undeclared-family-members.html

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for correcting him, I was scared for a second , my mom did declare us as her children but we were never required to do a medical exam since we were in USA already , but to make sure I got this right , I am eligible for sponsorship thru my mom right??
1. USA is a different country than Canada. It would not matter that you were in USA legally.
2. Even if a depandant is in Canada, medical is compulsory for all including children. Even if excessive burden is waived for refugees.

So I still do not understand why you keep saying that. You might need to recheck with your mother how exactly was the application done and what exactly was declared about you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
1. USA is a different country than Canada. It would not matter that you were in USA legally.
2. Even if a depandant is in Canada, medical is compulsory for all including children. Even if excessive burden is waived for refugees.

So I still do not understand why you keep saying that. You might need to recheck with your mother how exactly was the application done and what exactly was declared about you.
Did you even bother to read the link I provided you? There is a a pilot program allowing undeclared family members of certain PR applicants, including refugees, to be sponsored.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for correcting him, I was scared for a second , my mom did declare us as her children but we were never required to do a medical exam since we were in USA already , but to make sure I got this right , I am eligible for sponsorship thru my mom right??
This is still not 100% but you have a good chance versus no chance before.