+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help please

Saadzubedi

Dec 25, 2019
Hi all my name is saad

So i live in India and I want to go to Canada as a refugee and bring my family along with me
My brothers Mom and dad

We are a Muslim family and here in India things are getting rough and out of control. Indian government is forcing to prove our citizenship.
Inorder to prove it I have to get documents from 1947 when my great grandpa had of course we don't have those ancient documents.
End result is all Muslim would be moved to detention camps. Those new rules are called NRC, CAA, CAB, NRP

And most importantly the clashes between race and religion we are truly not safe here.

Any tips on how to apply for refugee

Thanks for reading

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Can you please elaborate or give me a link to some articles explaining the procedure etc
If you need protection and you want to resettle in Canada. To be eligible, you must either:
a) meet the definition of a Convention refugee looking to be resettled or
b) be a member of the Country of Asylum Class

a) Convention refugee abroad class
You may be in this class if you:
i) are outside your home country,
ii) cannot return there due to a well-founded fear of persecution based on race, religion, political opinion, nationality, or membership in a particular social group. Examples: gender, sexual orientation, etc.
b) Country of asylum class
You may be in this class if you:
i) are outside your home country, or the country where you normally live, and
ii) have been seriously affected by civil war or armed conflict, or
iii) have been denied basic human rights on an ongoing basis.
Country of asylum class refugees can be privately sponsored. You can also be in this class if you have the funds you need to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada. You will still need the UNHCR, a referral organization, or a private sponsorship group to refer you.

You can follow the link for more details : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/help-outside-canada.html#countryasylum

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You will also have to prove how your life is at risk. Police reports of personal threats, hospital records if you have been attacked, etc. Proof that you have tried to relocate to other parts of India. If you are able to get to Canada to claim asylum it would be for you and any spouse and children not siblings and parents.

Reactions: Saadzubedi

despacito2017

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Hi all my name is saad

So i live in India and I want to go to Canada as a refugee and bring my family along with me
My brothers Mom and dad

We are a Muslim family and here in India things are getting rough and out of control. Indian government is forcing to prove our citizenship.
Inorder to prove it I have to get documents from 1947 when my great grandpa had of course we don't have those ancient documents.
End result is all Muslim would be moved to detention camps. Those new rules are called NRC, CAA, CAB, NRP

And most importantly the clashes between race and religion we are truly not safe here.

Any tips on how to apply for refugee

Thanks for reading
Just be aware that the government takes into consideration the notion of internal asylum. The request may be rejected if the person can move to another portion of the territory of their home country and be safe. India is a massive country with 200+ million Muslims, therefore you would have to prove inherently that you in particular are unsafe everywhere which is a high barrier to pass. You wouldn’t be able to bring your extended family in one go either.

If possible, you might want to consider applying through one of the skilled worker schemes to immigrate to Canada.

Reactions: Saadzubedi

حمزة

Jan 3, 2020
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
كيف يمكنك الحصول على منحة؟