+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Please

nitt

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
I am going to file citizenship and i am little confused about some questions please advise.

1 Can i use my old IELTS GENERAL certificate and I also have Bachelor's as well as post grad ECA. If i submit both photocopies do I still have to go through English test?

2. A lot of people have been asked about fingerprints can I do this upfront or I have to wait for them to ask. I did submit 1 at the time of PR will they consider that one.

Thank you

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
I am going to file citizenship and i am little confused about some questions please advise.

1 Can i use my old IELTS GENERAL certificate and I also have Bachelor's as well as post grad ECA. If i submit both photocopies do I still have to go through English test?

2. A lot of people have been asked about fingerprints can I do this upfront or I have to wait for them to ask. I did submit 1 at the time of PR will they consider that one.

Thank you
yes you can submit old IELTS results. You cannot send the academic IELTS.

Fingerprints are not asked off everybody. You cannot get it done ahead of time - you have to wait for the request letter from CIC.

nitt

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
yes you can submit old IELTS results. You cannot send the academic IELTS.

Fingerprints are not asked off everybody. You cannot get it done ahead of time - you have to wait for the request letter from CIC.
Thank you for the quick response.

Just to be safe do you think I Should send my ECA report as well?

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Thank you for the quick response.

Just to be safe do you think I Should send my ECA report as well?
What is ECA?

do you have a school diploma or certificate here in canada?

Hanzo

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
What is ECA?

do you have a school diploma or certificate here in canada?
Educational Credential Assessment. I'm not sure if this is required as long as your diploma, certificate or transcripts earned outside Canada are in English or French.

Kan_Sri

Champion Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
Mar 05-2014
Educational Credential Assessment. I'm not sure if this is required as long as your diploma, certificate or transcripts earned outside Canada are in English or French.
as you said, It is not needed if your transcript is in english or french.

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Thank you
When did you appear in IELTS General and for what purpose you had it?

nitt

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
When did you appear in IELTS General and for what purpose you had it?
First of all Thank you everyone for helping me.

I gave my test for PR in 2013 and have the certificate.

Yes my completion certificate is in English both Bachelor's and Master's. Should i send only completion certificate or transcripts or leave it no need only IELTS is enough even though its old.

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First of all Thank you everyone for helping me.

I gave my test for PR in 2013 and have the certificate.

Yes my completion certificate is in English both Bachelor's and Master's. Should i send only completion certificate or transcripts or leave it no need only IELTS is enough even though its old.
As you did IELTS for PR application and original was submitted to CIC in 2013, therefore you can just send the copy of old IELTS results. No need to send any educational document to satisfy language requirement.

Reactions: Kan_Sri

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada

Thank you
As long as you have done IELTS general and even it has expired, just send the copy of that as long as you meet the following criteria:

International English Language Testing System (IELTS), general training, not the academic version You must have a score of:
  • 4.0 or higher in speaking and
  • 4.5 or higher in listening. (Note: If the test was done before November 28, 2008, we will accept a level 4 or higher)

If you want to send your ECA etc, it's additional info and it may or may not help and is not really required if you are sending your IELTS result already as IELTS result suffice the need