+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP please!!!!!!

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
hey guys, i will really need your help. i applied for a replacement of a study permit in may 11th since i mistakenly destroy it. i was told by cic that the new copy was sent on june 20th but i didnt received it in the mail. they asked to wait for up to 6weeks to call back so they can resend it.the problem is i urgently need to travel in home country. if i go, i will have problem coming back in here since i dont have the new study permit. what do you guys think i can do to get a re print of my study permit?

opolosis

Mar 31, 2015
I think you can travel,on your way back tell the immigration officer you lost your work permit and had to travel on short notice,while you await the copy from their office. They will direct you to the immigration dept at the airport where a new copy will be given to you for a fee.

Simples!.Do not worry yourself over that

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
thanks so much.
is there a way i can get a copy before travelling? like maybe go to a cic in my city to asked for a new one?

opolosis

Mar 31, 2015
I think you are still getting worried, i found mine was lost few days to travel. I went to the airport to ask if the Immigrations will help,they said..sorry we cant. I think you shd be able to get it at the border/crossings, if you are able to stand that. Up to you! I think Immigration Canada are teh nicest around,others say how horrible they are,but i bet they have not met nasty immigration officials in some European countries.

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
I would also make sure that you have a valid VISA for travel if not from a VISA exempt country. As it is the VISA that grants you entry, not the study permit alone.

Also, if you do not get the study permit before traveling, I would suggest taking the following along if you absolutely have to travel:

1. Any photostat copy of your work permit.
2. Any proof that you have applied for the replacement of your work permit (Application confirmation#, Any email from CIC etc.)

Also, just as an FYI, I had issues with getting my work permit during my third time renewing it. They kept sending it but it never reached me. I think they resent 3 times :) Anyways, finally I had to go to the inland CIC office and request them to print it for me. They were very hesitant and gave me some grief but I was able to persuade the lady and had it printed there. You can explore this option too.

Hope that helps.

P.

canadianking

Jul 1, 2016
thanks, did you have to take an appoitment before going there? i will try to go to my local cic tomorrow in toronto, etobicoke. hopefully they print me a new one.

pkssandhu

Apr 16, 2013
canadianking said:
thanks, did you have to take an appoitment before going there? i will try to go to my local cic tomorrow in toronto, etobicoke. hopefully they print me a new one.
No. I just showed up :)

And the one I went to was somewhere in downtown Toronto. It's been a while so do not remember the address.