+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Please..!!!

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
Hi everyone :),
I have submitted my express entry profile on Jan 17 2016 and I stand at 450 points as of now (additional info: Age :26, Education: Masters, IELTS: L-9,S-7,R-8,W-7, Single, 20 months of work experience as on date). I have received PT from Ontario on 18th Jan 2016. What would you guys suggest ? Wait for points in CIC draws to drop or go ahead and apply for OINP by paying $1500? Any info regarding this is very useful. Thanks in advance

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
AGENTOO7 said:
I have submitted my express entry profile on Jan 17 2016 and I stand at 450 points as of now (additional info: Age :26, Education: Masters, IELTS: L-9,S-7,R-8,W-7, Single, 20 months of work experience as on date). I have received PT from Ontario on 18th Jan 2016. What would you guys suggest ? Wait for points in CIC draws to drop or go ahead and apply for OINP by paying $1500? Any info regarding this is very useful. Thanks in advance
You seem to have around a month to monitor CRS cutoffs. I suggest collect every document that you may need to apply for OINP (including the DD for C$ 1500.00 at the last though) and be ready, if you happen to get an ITA w/o spending C$ then why not...else send the the PN application.

All the very Best!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
AGENTOO7 said:
Basing my assumption on past trend, it seems unlikely for the score to go below 450 anytime soon. As per the last draw the cutoff CRS score for ITA was 457. You can find the update here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp?expand=mi-pr-express#mi-pr-express

In fact, my score is 451, I thought of waiting for a direct invite, but when I got the PT NOI on Oct 8th, I applied and that decision was right for me as it never came down to 451 since I created my profile.

Since you got the invite on Jan 18th, your 45 days would expire on March 3rd, so I would suggest you keep all the documents ready and wait till February 19th, if not send across the OINP Application after that so that you have some buffer time for your package to reach before the 45 days deadline.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Stanlee said:
Basing my assumption on past trend, it seems unlikely for the score to go below 450 anytime soon. As per the last draw the cutoff CRS score for ITA was 457. You can find the update here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp?expand=mi-pr-express#mi-pr-express

In fact, my score is 451, I thought of waiting for a direct invite, but when I got the PT NOI on Oct 8th, I applied and that decision was right for me as it never came down to 451 since I created my profile.

Since you got the invite on Jan 18th, your 45 days would expire on March 3rd, so I would suggest you keep all the documents ready and wait till February 19th, if not send across the OINP Application after that so that you have some buffer time for your package to reach before the 45 days deadline.
Absolutely right...and even after S/he sends S/his application and luckily gets an ITA, S/he can always ask for a refund till S/he gets an AOR...

I also think this time the CRS cut-off MAY go below 450 give of take +/-5 as i haven't heard many nominations being given out by OINP of late. Have you?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
CanadaWeCome said:
I also think this time the CRS cut-off MAY go below 450 give of take +/-5 as i haven't heard many nominations being given out by OINP of late. Have you?

No, not yet.

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
Thanks for your replies Stanley & Canadawecome . I was thinking along the same lines as well. I'm in the process of collecting all the required docs for making an OINP application. I got some new problems as well. One is regarding the proof of work experience. I wish to claim NOC 3131 (Industrial Pharmacist), for which I have to submit an employment letter stating my working hours, job duties , compensation on company's letterhead. I have recently moved from a service based firm (which works in pharmaceutical domain , though the company's name has a 'software' tag) to generic pharmaceutical company in India, although in the same domain. Now, my ex employer is not willing me to give anything of that sort except a standard reliving letter, which states my tenure with the company and my designation. I tried contacting my supervisor/manager requesting an employment letter on company letter head but in vain. With no option left, I made a notarized self declaration stating my job duties. I printed out the domain services that my ex employer provides to pharmaceutical clients from the company's website that matches my notarized self declaration in support of it. My appointment letter, has the details of compensation and working hours per week on company's letterhead. I then wrote a covering letter in support of my experience stating that , to compensate for my inability to get a reference letter from my ex employer, I'm give them a copy of my appointment letter with my compensation and working hours per week details, a notarized self declaration supported by copies of excerpts from their website with closely matched domain services, a copy of standard reliving letter that was issued to me, copies of my available pay stubs (last 6 months) , copies of email correspondence with both my company's HR and supervisor.

Now, this just one part of my problem. I have worked with my ex-employer from 27th May 2014-25th May 2015, falling short of 2 days to complete an anniversary (although I worked for a minimum of 40 hours/week, and my appointment letter states this explicitly). I had about 20 days of break and then joined my current employer and I'm 10 more days shy, to clock 8 months here. Fearing that I might face same sort of reply here, if I were to ask for an employment reference letter, I drafted my job duties and working hours per week on company's letter head (well, I use letter heads as daily part of my work here) and I got it signed with a senior colleague of mine and stamped it with a company's seal. So, its all original. Nothing forged, its just that its not from my manager. But , nowhere did CIC state that it has to be given by my manger. My salary details are in my appointment letter, which is again on a company's letter head with a company's seal on it.

The other problem is funds. Well, $12,000 savings is sort of unaffordable thing for me here in India, considering the Indian currency and dollar disparity and my wage as well. So, my dad deposited equivalent Indian currency of $14,000 (Conversion rate at 1CAN$ =50 INR) in my name like 20 days ago, The deposits are mature at the moment and are ready to be liquidated any time. As, the money is deposited in my name technically/legally its my money and IS NOT BORROWED ONE. Now, that's the version of the Banker and taxmen I know. Should I liquidate this deposit into my account and give my bank statements of six months, at the time of submission of my application for OINP or just tick the fixed or time deposit statement ?

What do you guys suggest ?Please let me know.
P.S: Sorry for the long post

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
AGENTOO7 said:
Thanks for your replies Stanley & Canadawecome . I was thinking along the same lines as well. I'm in the process of collecting all the required docs for making an OINP application. I got some new problems as well. One is regarding the proof of work experience. I wish to claim NOC 3131 (Industrial Pharmacist), for which I have to submit an employment letter stating my working hours, job duties , compensation on company's letterhead. I have recently moved from a service based firm (which works in pharmaceutical domain , though the company's name has a 'software' tag) to generic pharmaceutical company in India, although in the same domain. Now, my ex employer is not willing me to give anything of that sort except a standard reliving letter, which states my tenure with the company and my designation. I tried contacting my supervisor/manager requesting an employment letter on company letter head but in vain. With no option left, I made a notarized self declaration stating my job duties. I printed out the domain services that my ex employer provides to pharmaceutical clients from the company's website that matches my notarized self declaration in support of it. My appointment letter, has the details of compensation and working hours per week on company's letterhead. I then wrote a covering letter in support of my experience stating that , to compensate for my inability to get a reference letter from my ex employer, I'm give them a copy of my appointment letter with my compensation and working hours per week details, a notarized self declaration supported by copies of excerpts from their website with closely matched domain services, a copy of standard reliving letter that was issued to me, copies of my available pay stubs (last 6 months) , copies of email correspondence with both my company's HR and supervisor.

Now, this just one part of my problem. I have worked with my ex-employer from 27th May 2014-25th May 2015, falling short of 2 days to complete an anniversary (Although I worked for a minimum of 40 hours/week, and my appointment letter has this). I had about 20 days of break and then joined my current employer and I'm 10 more days away to clock 8 months here. Fearing that I might face same sort of reply here, if I were to ask for an employment reference letter, I drafted my job duties and working hours per week on company's letter head (well, I use letter heads as daily part of my work here) and I got it signed with a senior colleague of mine and stamped it with a company's seal. So, its all original. Nothing forged, its just that its not from my manager. But , nowhere did CIC state that it has to be given by my manger. My salary details are in my appointment letter, which is again on a company's letter head with a company's seal on it.

A: I think you have done the right thing so far...go ahead with all these documents for your application. But i suggest try to approach your current employer once, to get a reference letter from them, for all you know he may issue you a letter w/o any hassle. If you ask you may or may not get, but if you don't ask you certainly don't get.
AGENTOO7 said:
The other problem is funds. Well, $12,000 savings is sort of unaffordable thing for me here in India, considering the Indian currency and dollar disparity and my wage as well. So, my dad deposited equivalent Indian currency of $14,000 (Conversion rate at 1CAN$ =50 INR) in my name like 20 days ago, The deposits are mature at the moment and are ready to be liquidated any time. As, the money is deposited in my name technically/legally its my money and IS NOT BORROWED ONE. Now, that's the version of the Banker and taxmen I know. Should I liquidate this deposit into my account and give my bank statements of six months, at the time of submission of my application for OINP or just tick the fixed or time deposit statement ?

A: What do you mean "your dad deposited...." and then "Should I liquidate the deposit..." What you need to do i ask you dad to deposit the gifted money to your account and make a notarized gift deed along with the inter bank money transfer receipt/slip and your 6 months bank statement along with the Bank letter (with all CIC requirements fulfilled). With all the above you should be good to go.

What do you guys suggest ?Please let me know.
P.S: Sorry for the long post
All the very Best!

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
1) I think you have done the right thing so far...go ahead with all these documents for your application. But i suggest try to approach your current employer to provide a reference letter, for all you know he may issue you a letter w/o any hassle. If you ask you may or may not get, but if you don't ask you certainly don't get.

=> Yeah, senior colleague(who works in the same domain) who is kind of two designations superior to me although not a manger, has signed the letter ON THE COMPANY's LETTER HEAD with A COMPANY's SEAL that I have drafted stating my job duties and responsibilities. CIC states "ANY OFFICE PERSONNEL", so this should suffice right? He can be contacted by immigration authorities , and he is ready to answer their call. Even, if immigration authority call the HR , they cant deny the information. But then again, that's not an immediate risk it and its more likely to happen 50 % of times. The consequences of asking for something like that would be a nightmare. They wouldn't want an employee to quit so early , like I didn't even work with my current employer for one year. My annual appraisal is going take a hard beating. So does my good will. So I don't wish to inform them until I get my passport Stamped.

2)What do you mean "your dad deposited...." and then "Should I liquidate the deposit..." What you need to do i ask you dad to deposit the gifted money to your account and make a notarized gift deed along with the inter bank money transfer receipt/slip and your 6 months bank statement along with the Bank letter (with all CIC requirements fulfilled). With all the above you should be good to go.

In India, legally a parent can gift his money to his/her child at will and it doesn't require a special gift deed that's notarized ( unless the gift is an immovable property). My dad deposited the money IN MY ACCOUNT UNDER FIXED/SHORT TERM DEPOSIT, so the money is IN MY BANK ACCOUNT , IN MY NAME. So, I can write to the bank to liquidate the money from the FIXED DEPOSIT so that the money can be reflected in my bank statement. I also, have the option to leave it that way and get a statement from the bank on its letter head stating that I have XXXX amount of money deposited under FIXED DEPOST/SHORT TERM DEPOSIT in my name and I'm at will to liquidate it (any time) . So, which one do you think looks better?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
AGENTOO7 said:
1) I think you have done the right thing so far...go ahead with all these documents for your application. But i suggest try to approach your current employer to provide a reference letter, for all you know he may issue you a letter w/o any hassle. If you ask you may or may not get, but if you don't ask you certainly don't get.

=> Yeah, senior colleague(who works in the same domain) who is kind of two designations superior to me although not a manger, has signed the letter ON THE COMPANY's LETTER HEAD with A COMPANY's SEAL that I have drafted stating my job duties and responsibilities. CIC states "ANY OFFICE PERSONNEL", so this should suffice right? Yes, you should, just attach that colleague's visiting card along with the letter. He can be contacted by immigration authorities , and he is ready to answer their call. Even, if immigration authority call the HR , they cant deny the information. But then again, that's not an immediate risk it and its more likely to happen 50 % of times. The consequences of asking for something like that would be a nightmare. They wouldn't want an employee to quit so early , like I didn't even work with my current employer for one year. My annual appraisal is going take a hard beating. So does my good will. So I don't wish to inform them until I get my passport Stamped.

2)What do you mean "your dad deposited...." and then "Should I liquidate the deposit..." What you need to do i ask you dad to deposit the gifted money to your account and make a notarized gift deed along with the inter bank money transfer receipt/slip and your 6 months bank statement along with the Bank letter (with all CIC requirements fulfilled). With all the above you should be good to go.

In India, legally a parent can gift his money to his/her child at will and it doesn't require a special gift deed that's notarized ( unless the gift is an immovable property). My dad deposited the money IN MY ACCOUNT UNDER FIXED/SHORT TERM DEPOSIT, so the money is IN MY BANK ACCOUNT , IN MY NAME. So, I can write to the bank to liquidate the money from the FIXED DEPOSIT so that the money can be reflected in my bank statement. I also, have the option to leave it that way and get a statement from the bank on its letter head stating that I have XXXX amount of money deposited under FIXED DEPOST/SHORT TERM DEPOSIT in my name and I'm at will to liquidate it (any time) . So, which one do you think looks better? Yes, true you don't need to liquidate them, FD or term deposits are fine to show as PoF, but CIC is not an Indian organization and aren't bound by Indian laws and regulations. So unless there is a gift deed from your father, that money is and will be considered borrowed from your father by CIC and ideally needs to/should be returned to him someday. Hence a gift deed (notarized) that clearly mentions that your father has gifted you the money and does not need to be returned is essential here.

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
Hi Canadawecome,
Thanks for your suggestions. I have got my gift deed declaration by my dad notarized and got a bank certification letter stating that XXX money (that's gifted by my dad) equivalent to $CAN XYXY has been deposited by me as short term deposit in my name. The amount is ready to be liquidated with accrued interest at my will. Would these two suffice? as proof of funds. Or do I need an elaborate letter explaining date of deposit , my Savings A/C No., etc.,? Also Do I need to send the notarized declarations and bank certification letter in originals or would photocopies suffice? Well, Can I Staple/corner punch the documents of the application before I send my application?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
AGENTOO7 said:
Hi Canadawecome,
Thanks for your suggestions. I have got my gift deed declaration by my dad notarized and got a bank certification letter stating that XXX money (that's gifted by my dad) equivalent to $CAN XYXY has been deposited by me as short term deposit in my name. The amount is ready to be liquidated with accrued interest at my will. Would these two suffice? as proof of funds. Or do I need an elaborate letter explaining date of deposit , my Savings A/C No., etc.,? Also Do I need to send the notarized declarations and bank certification letter in originals or would photocopies suffice? Well, Can I Staple/corner punch the documents of the application before I send my application?
Yes. For ITA you will need to upload the scan of the originals. For OINP you can send the originals of the Bank statement and/or letter (only) and copy) of your notarized deed.

Saving a/c No. and other such stuff should already be either in your bank letter or a/c statement.

kronstadter

Feb 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
Basing my assumption on past trend, it seems unlikely for the score to go below 450 anytime soon. As per the last draw the cutoff CRS score for ITA was 457.
Here you can find some graphs and statistics to date about the EE points/invitations: http://eefacts.com

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for answering my questions patiently. I have successfully sent my application to OINP and it was delivered to them yesterday i.e, 22-02-2016. But, only yesterday I came across something that's been bothering me ever since. I have actually sent a photocopy of my 'original' WES credential assessment report (I mean the hard copy) as the application guide specifically states to send only 'copies'. Now , I have come across threads in this forum, where people said that a copy has to be sent by WES themselves for which I have to pay again (?), according to new update (?) else the application might get rejected :(
Could you guys please throw some light on this. I'm a worried man now :'( . Also, Could you please tell me how long does it take to receive an acknowledgement letter for my application?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
AGENTOO7 said:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for answering my questions patiently. I have successfully sent my application to OINP and it was delivered to them yesterday i.e, 22-02-2016. But, only yesterday I came across something that's been bothering me ever since. I have actually sent a photocopy of my 'original' WES credential assessment report (I mean the hard copy) as the application guide specifically states to send only 'copies'. Now , I have come across threads in this forum, where people said that a copy has to be sent by WES themselves for which I have to pay again (?), according to new update (?) else the application might get rejected :(
Could you guys please throw some light on this. I'm a worried man now :'( . Also, Could you please tell me how long does it take to receive an acknowledgement letter for my application?
No need to worry. Wait for them to ask you to order WES to send them a duplicate copy of your ECA... or you can do it pro actively after you get your AOR in 10-12 weeks(current trend). You need to pay C$96 for it but WES will refund you around C$40 (approx) for some excess they charge you due to system limitation.

faridshariff

Feb 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AGENTOO7 said:
Hi Everyone,

Yes you have to order a copy to be sent directly to OINP. You have to include the proof in the application package of the ordered copy.