+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help please!

e.shanna

Apr 6, 2013
I need your help guys:)

My 27 months old daughter's visa expired on 7th of Feb. Please could you tell me what are the documents required for renewing the visa and where should I send it to??

Thank you all.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is she on a visit visa? Because it already expired, you need to apply for a restoration of status. You can find the forms here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp but the fee is now $200 because you let her visa expire. Next time, apply before her visa expires, then it's only $75.

If she is on a TRP and not a visit visa, use the instructions here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5554ETOC.asp

e.shanna

Apr 6, 2013
Thank you so much Leon for your help, but I have one more question

• Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Visitor or Temporary Resident Permit Holder

I think this is the required one, isn't it? After I fill it up where should I send it ??

And I even ordered an original receipt by mail. So where should I go to pay the fees when I receive the receipt.

I know I am asking too many questions because I am just new in Vancouver, and I would like to do things properly. Unfortunately if I knew the Visa should be renewed before it expires then I would have done that earlier.

Thanks again & May God bless you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go to this page where the forms are: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visitor.asp and scroll down. It will offer you the option to apply online or to send the application to Vegreville. It gives the address.

When you get the receipt, you can take it to a bank and pay it there. They will stamp it and you send it with the application.

Note for the future that you should always apply to extend a visa 30 days before it expires. However, as long as you do it before it expires, it's not a big deal with the 30 days. After it expires, there is a 90 day grace period to either restore status or leave.

Once you have applied, you have implied status. That means she is allowed to stay while you wait for immigration to process the application even though she may have passed the 90 day grace period by then.

gagan_grover

Apr 10, 2013
Hello-
The 5 year cycle to retain our Canadian PR status kick started on January 1, 2012. Though we (me and my wife) got our PR cards, but we haven’t started physically staying in Canada yet. We are still working in US on an H1B visa for our respective US employers.
My wife works for a reputed IT company who has offices all across the globe. Though it’s primarily a US corporation, but they do have a fully owned subsidiary registered in Canada. If my wife is employed by the Canadian subsidiary company (i.e. salaried employee through a Canadian firm) and is further deputed to work in US on a full time project, then does the time spent in US will count towards the required minimum two years of stay in Canada? Please advise!