+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help please with confusing immigration problem!

Slaney

Aug 26, 2008
Hi,

I'm posting here because I need urgent help about what to do regarding my mom.

Basically my mom lived in Canada for a while. She got busted one time for DUI. Some time went by and she received a deportation order. They sent her to a detention center for about a month or so before deportation. At the time they asked here if she wanted to fill out papers and stay in jail a while longer but she refused all of them and one of them was a PRRA application.

She had an Israeli passport so we got deported to Israel. After a while we moved to Russia where we reside now.

I was wondering is there ANY WAY for her to return to Canada and live a peaceful life after deportation. As of now I see no way of getting out of this situation.

I (her son) am a Canadian Citizen and I plan on sponsoring her when I turn 18. But we need to leave Russia before I turn 18 because I do not want to go to the army and I am living illegally in Russia at the moment...I don't have a Russian passport.

So is there any way she could move back to Canada for a year or 2 so we can wait until I turn 18? Is there any way at all for her to live in Canada once again?

Thank you and help please.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you might have to go to Canada without her for a while. I don't know if she was banned from Canada for some time, you would have to find out. Maybe that time has already passed but for sure it will be hard for her to get a tourist visa now when she was deported before. When you turn 18, you can apply to sponsor her for permanent residency but you would have to show that you have enough income to support her.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Slaney said:
Hi,

I'm posting here because I need urgent help about what to do regarding my mom.

Basically my mom lived in Canada for a while. She got busted one time for DUI. Some time went by and she received a deportation order. They sent her to a detention center for about a month or so before deportation. At the time they asked here if she wanted to fill out papers and stay in jail a while longer but she refused all of them and one of them was a PRRA application.

She had an Israeli passport so we got deported to Israel. After a while we moved to Russia where we reside now.

I was wondering is there ANY WAY for her to return to Canada and live a peaceful life after deportation. As of now I see no way of getting out of this situation.

I (her son) am a Canadian Citizen and I plan on sponsoring her when I turn 18. But we need to leave Russia before I turn 18 because I do not want to go to the army and I am living illegally in Russia at the moment...I don't have a Russian passport.

So is there any way she could move back to Canada for a year or 2 so we can wait until I turn 18? Is there any way at all for her to live in Canada once again?

Thank you and help please.
Simple answer No, as a previous deportee she needs Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC), and as a visitor it isn't going to happen. Once you turn 18 and have earned the Low Income Cutoff in salary,in Canada, in the year prior to sponsorship, only then can you sponsor her. The sponsorship would take (at todays processing) 25 months for a result in Mississauga and then 8-17 months at Moscow plus she will require Authorization to Return to Canada and rehabilitation for her conviction, so it will be a very long and involved process.

PMM

Slaney

Aug 26, 2008
Wow that sounds brutal. Thing is I can't live without my mom because I have no one to go to in Canada.

Damn, I wonder what'll happen in the future :(.