+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help please! Vacation for live-in caregivers

GyannahAntoine

Star Member
Aug 9, 2014
Hi! I am planning to go on vacation for more than a month on June with my employers who are also Filipinos in the Philippines. A friend told me I have to secure a re-entry visa. Can anyone please enlighten me and share their knowledge on what I should do before going home and before going back here in Canada? Please and thank you.

Mharnieyah

Mar 27, 2014
Hi.if you have a multiple visa you don't need to get one.get an oec to the nearest philippine consulate and bring your work permit and a letter from your employer stating that you are going on a vacation in the philippines with them.

melchor123

Feb 15, 2015
Re: Help please! Vacation for TFW..

Hey there! Kindly help.. I am also scheduled to have a vacation this March 10, 2015 to my country Philippines and coming back April 25, 2015..will I not be in trouble coming back here in Canada for I have just a month to stay as a TFW here in Canada after my vacation, my work permit will ends on the 28th day of May, 2015 which is also remarked in my work permit to leave Canada on this day. My employer said he was advised that I could make visit back to my county before my work permit ends, he also promised me for another positve LMIA under a new job description saying this papers are on process through an agency or third party. Do have to get a hard copy of this documents from the third party to support my re-entry? If I need it so, what are the specific document will I request them? Thank you so much dear respondent..your help is very much appreciated! God bless!..

taztinch

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
@gyannahantoine kindly check the expiration of your visa even though your given multiple visa but if it's expired you have to apply for a new visa.

ttokki

May 28, 2012
Re: Help please! Vacation for TFW..

melchor123 said:
Hey there! Kindly help.. I am also scheduled to have a vacation this March 10, 2015 to my country Philippines and coming back April 25, 2015..will I not be in trouble coming back here in Canada for I have just a month to stay as a TFW here in Canada after my vacation, my work permit will ends on the 28th day of May, 2015 which is also remarked in my work permit to leave Canada on this day. My employer said he was advised that I could make visit back to my county before my work permit ends, he also promised me for another positve LMIA under a new job description saying this papers are on process through an agency or third party. Do have to get a hard copy of this documents from the third party to support my re-entry? If I need it so, what are the specific document will I request them? Thank you so much dear respondent..your help is very much appreciated! God bless!..
---as long as your work permit and canadian visa is still valid, then there is nothing to worry. But better renew your work permit before you go on your vacation. better safe... it is said that you have to renew your work permit atleast 90 days before expiration.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GyannahAntoine said:
Mine will expire on June 25, 2016. All is well, right?
Be mindful of the following when you go on vacation to the PH (covers workers):
1. Re-entry requirements to Canada
- Valid visa (the counterfoil affixed to your passport) - that is your entry/travel document
The visa allows you to enter/re-enter Canada and should not be expired when you re-enter, If your visa is multiple-entry and valid till the date you said above, that should be fine.

- WP - the separate piece of official paper - that is your status document
The WP provides proof and the reasons for re-entering Canada (i.e. has worker status and is allowed to reside in Canada for more than the period given to visitors). Please check your WP validity.

- Letter from your employer - this is not an official re-entry requirement, although it is recommended to bring one as added proof that the returning worker is continued to be employed, and if returning after a planned vacation/trip. Sometimes, CBSA would like to see proof of continued employment, but these are rare. However, you will use this letter for exit formalities in the PH.

2. Exit Requirements in the PH (for a TFW/OFW)
- OEC :(
If you are a returning worker, you have to present a valid OEC/e-Receipt (as an OFW) to exit the PH. Most often, all TFWs have expired OECs, so you will need to get one for your use in exiting the PH. An OEC may be obtained in the PH, or beforehand - try Phil embassies and missions in Canada and contact them.
- To get an OEC in the PH, you may need to present your valid visa and WP, and the letter (which serves as your proof of employment). Try the new system: https://www.bmonline.ph/

(tips here: http://www.workabroad.ph/article/12/Must-Knows-for-Vacationing-Returning-OFWs-or-Balik-Manggagawa)

.../atb

kyameetah

Nov 2, 2013
singapore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2013
Doc's Request.
COC Singapore.. February 27, 2014
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
27-2-2014
Passport Req..
waiting..
VISA ISSUED...
waiting..
LANDED..........
hoping...
Hello im also planning to have a 2 weeks vacation this coming november.. I already have a multiple visa which will expire on March 27, 2016.. Im just a little bothered because a friend of mine told me that wp must expire atleast 6-8 months upon returning to Canada..is it true? My wp will also expire by March 2016 and Im planning to renew once I come back.. Thanks

annabel04

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Tanong ko lang po about sa re entry visa application may question po kasi dun na funds available for my stay in canada, ano po bang dapat kong isagot dun?un po bang nakalagay sa T4 ko? salamat po

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kyameetah said:
Hello im also planning to have a 2 weeks vacation this coming november.. I already have a multiple visa which will expire on March 27, 2016.. Im just a little bothered because a friend of mine told me that wp must expire atleast 6-8 months upon returning to Canada..is it true? My wp will also expire by March 2016 and Im planning to renew once I come back.. Thanks
Have not seen any new regulations pertaining to the requirement of 6-8months validity from the date of return. Please check the cic.gc.ca site regularly to see if there are announcements, but I have not seen anything that indicates what you said.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=247&t=28

That being said, as a general rule - it is always advisable to have at least 2-3 months validity remaining on the WP (and the visa) after you return from vacation. This shows to CBSA you have ample time to file an extension and will placate their questions on what your intent/plans given your current WP is near to expire.

The recommendation for WP extension for LICs is here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/caregiver/extend-stay.asp

And it is recommended to apply to extend at least 30days before expiry - but given the reality of the application timelines and processing, it is always best to add in a couple of months prior to the recommended time as a buffer.

...hth

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
annabel04 said:
Tanong ko lang po about sa re entry visa application may question po kasi dun na funds available for my stay in canada, ano po bang dapat kong isagot dun?un po bang nakalagay sa T4 ko? salamat po
Yes you can use the T4 amount but note the question is what is available. The amount indicated in the T4 may not be what is available right now, so normally an amount available in your bank account (you may need to get a bank account statement) can be provided. The T4 is added as proof there is a source for current as well as future funds that you can draw on for your continued stay. As this is a re-entry visa application for a returning worker/temporary resident, the question on funds in my opinion is of lesser importance granted there is a recurring source (from salary/employment - seen in your T4) of funds.

(let's keep the conversations in English, iha - in deference to the original threadstarter).

.../atb

jessalei

Jul 22, 2013
Hello all,

I have the same concern as well. I'm planning to have a vacation next month on Sept.26,2015-Oct.25,2015
All of my travel documents are valid( passport: Aug.2017, visa: March 2016, Wp: April 2016). I would like to ask if what other docs do I need to present to the IOM upon re-entry to canada? Thank you and God bless.:)

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jessalei said:
Hello all,

I have the same concern as well. I'm planning to have a vacation next month on Sept.26,2015-Oct.25,2015
All of my travel documents are valid( passport: Aug.2017, visa: March 2016, Wp: April 2016). I would like to ask if what other docs do I need to present to the IOM upon re-entry to canada? Thank you and God bless.:)
Hi,

Here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/help-please-vacation-for-livein-caregivers-t270494.0.html;msg4044310#msg4044310

.../atb