+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP, PLEASE! SELF-EMPLOYED FOR NOC 5254 Program leaders and instructors in rec*

Milly888

Feb 9, 2013
Howdie everyone!

I'd really appreciate if someone could answer my questions and help me out with my situation.

I'm currently in Canada as a visitor, but would like to apply for the self-employed program. I have a Bachelor's degree in Physical Education/Sports Science and work experience from NOC 5254 Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness. I have a small business back home in Slovenia, Europe and it's been running (in two different companies) for the last 3 years.

I would like to apply from within Canada. Does that mean that I need to send my application to Nova Scotia or directly to my "home" office in Vienna, Austria?

Are the processing times realistic? On the webpage it says 41 months ... Aren't the times going to get shorter because of the Express Entry?

What kind of proof about business financial status or employee's salaries do they want? Does anyone have experience with that? There are no requirements stated ...

Does applying for this visa enables me to stay in Canada as a temporary resident? I know I'm not allowed to work with that, but can I at least stay in the country?

It says you need to have sufficient funds to be accepted, but there is no set/minimum amount. Any idea about how much sufficient funds are?

Thank you so much :D

Jun 28, 2012
To answer your first question you would: it looks like you would need to send your application to the CIO in Sydney: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5784E.pdf. The CIC website states that processing times are updated weekly. This means that you will have to check frequently to determine how long it will take to process your application. Remember, processing is based on a standard and complete application. The times do not account for your individual immigration history or processing delays that may occur. As you mentioned, the advent of express entry may reduce processing times.

Proof of financial status usually involves providing tax returns, bank statements and proof of ownership. To find out more about what is required you can call the CIC call centre: 1-888-242-2100. If you are applying for this stream in Canada you have to maintain status in Canada. If you apply to remain as a visitor while your application is in process you will be applying with dual intent. To find out more about what this means you can visit this page on the CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/dual.asp.

The application guide states:

Personal net worth statement
The Regulations set out a requirement for a legally obtained minimum net worth of $300,000,
although there is no requirement for a minimum amount to be transferred to Canada.

I'm not sure if this is how much you need to show but the above information is taken from the operating manual. Yu'll also need to be able to support your family members who are accompanying you.