+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[HELP PLEASE] process of getting reference letter from colleague notarized

prads_s

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All, I know this has been a repeated question and I have searched quite a bit but couldn't find
my answers so posting it here.

Situation: Colleague whose willing to issue me a letter is in USA, he has signed my reference letter on a plain white paper.

Question: How do I get this already signed paper(soft copy - pdf) notarized.
It's a pdf file how to I get it printed on stamp paper(starts from half page)?

I know franking can be done on same white paper, is it acceptable? if not what is the process of notary that you guys followed.

FYI: I have normal Experience letter showing dates, I have skills certificate showing roles and responsibilities, I have offer letter. None of these docs cover 45 hours/week so I am going with letter from colleague.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
He writes a letter at a notary of the public office and that notary stamps it and witnesses it. He then sends you a scan of it.

ashpkgo70

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He has to notarize it in the US and then send the scanned copy to you

immigrationfun

Star Member
May 17, 2016
AFAIK the purpose of notarizing is to ensure that the person signed is the one claiming to be signing it. You wont be legally able to notarize if the person has already signed the paper.
The legal way to do this would be for your colleague to sign the letter printed on a plain white paper in front of a notary. There are notaries in most UPS / Fedex stores where your colleague can drop by. There are mobile notaries in the USA if you want to make it easier on your colleague. These notaries will be willing to travel to your colleague's home / office for a slightly higher charge.
Hope that helps!
prads_s said:
Hi All, I know this has been a repeated question and I have searched quite a bit but couldn't find
my answers so posting it here.

Situation: Colleague whose willing to issue me a letter is in USA, he has signed my reference letter on a plain white paper.

Question: How do I get this already signed paper(soft copy - pdf) notarized.
It's a pdf file how to I get it printed on stamp paper(starts from half page)?

I know franking can be done on same white paper, is it acceptable? if not what is the process of notary that you guys followed.

FYI: I have normal Experience letter showing dates, I have skills certificate showing roles and responsibilities, I have offer letter. None of these docs cover 45 hours/week so I am going with letter from colleague.