+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help please, problem to get work reference from former employer

banoco

Dec 24, 2016
The HR of my former employer refused to provide a reference letter for my work history. My supervisor for my last position with this company is now working for another company. Can I use the reference letter from my supervisor? But there are 2 problems:
1. My supervisor cannot use my former employer's letterhead
2. This supervisor was only my supervisor for the last position in this company, if her reference is ok, do I still need reference letters from the supervisors of my other positions?

Any idea what can I do to get a work reference?

thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
banoco said:
The HR of my former employer refused to provide a reference letter for my work history. My supervisor for my last position with this company is now working for another company. Can I use the reference letter from my supervisor? But there are 2 problems:
1. My supervisor cannot use my former employer's letterhead
2. This supervisor was only my supervisor for the last position in this company, if her reference is ok, do I still need reference letters from the supervisors of my other positions?

Any idea what can I do to get a work reference?

thanks
Read through this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer-t397796.0.html

There are other applicants who have faced similar issues in the past.