+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP PLEASE last minute sponsorship

larderland

May 3, 2015
so I had been applying for pr the last few months, but was finding it very difficult to find a noc code, I did my medical, language test etc, had everything ready , I asked my hr manager if they would sponsor me or go for an lmia, they said no as they don't do it..
anyway long story short I gave up after I couldn't find a noc code for my position. when I told my company I was going home the ceo found out (who I have a good relationship with) and said he would do whatever it takes to get me to stay and would sponsor me

he emailed me this morning saying they have hired an immigration lawyer to work to keep me in the country. My visa expires 28th of august, I guess my question is what are my options? is there some way in the short time this can be done? can I get an extension? i asumme they are going to go down the LMIA route unless there is another way.
I haven't spoken to the lawyer yet, this all happened so fast

I have all my docs ready to go in terms of medical language test etc,

fyi for my job - I approve mortgages, but we are not a bank, we work along side investors/banks and deal with mtg brokers who rep the customers, ir ev iew all income docs and conditions needed for funding of our customers mortgages

any advice would be greatly appreciated

questionsasked

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
larderland said:
so I had been applying for pr the last few months, but was finding it very difficult to find a noc code, I did my medical, language test etc, had everything ready , I asked my hr manager if they would sponsor me or go for an lmia, they said no as they don't do it..
anyway long story short I gave up after I couldn't find a noc code for my position. when I told my company I was going home the ceo found out (who I have a good relationship with) and said he would do whatever it takes to get me to stay and would sponsor me

he emailed me this morning saying they have hired an immigration lawyer to work to keep me in the country. My visa expires 28th of august, I guess my question is what are my options? is there some way in the short time this can be done? can I get an extension? i asumme they are going to go down the LMIA route unless there is another way.

fyi for my job - I approve mortgages, but we are not a bank, we work along side investors/banks and deal with mtg brokers who rep the customers, ir ev iew all income docs and conditions needed for funding of our customers mortgages

LMIA is the only route that the employer can take at this point. Unless you qualify for any provincial program, which at this point might be a bit too late since you need to have a valid work permit throughout your PNP application. Look into it thought, depending on where you live. It might be an option. Even then, it all boils down to LMIA to get your work permit extended.
Goodluck

larderland

May 3, 2015
ye that's what I was afraid of, is it too late to get an lmia? or can you get an extension while applying? sorry for all the q's. I was ready to home and now this is all happening so fast

THANKS

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
larderland said:
ye that's what I was afraid of, is it too late to get an lmia? or can you get an extension while applying? sorry for all the q's. I was ready to home and now this is all happening so fast

THANKS
Since your company hired an immigration lawyer, you need to talk to him - he will be able to nail down all the options you have and help you to extend your stay while you work around your PR

Andrew1982

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
if you send the LMIA paper work before your visa expires you can apply for implied status and work until a decision has made.

Good luck...

larderland

May 3, 2015
OK so one last one question, say I get the file number and apply for implied status, that gives me time until they approve my lmia or not, BUT then what happens with my pr? do I then have to apply once I receive my lmia? or what happens? do I have a certain amount of time to apply for pr once I receive me lmia approval?

thanks for all the help :)

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
larderland said:

It would be easy for you to apply PNP in your province. Once you file your PNP and until a decision is reached you can work and stay in Canada. after you are nominated you can extend your work permit.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
larderland said:
OK so one last one question, say I get the file number and apply for implied status, that gives me time until they approve my lmia or not,

Well, you don't apply for implied status, you apply to extend your work permit. If you apply before the work permit expires, you can continue working on implied status. It is the application for a new work permit, not the LMIA that gives you implied status.

You can apply to extend your work permit with "LMIA pending" within 2 weeks of the expiry of your current work permit. You have to submit proof of the application for the LMIA - file # if you have it, copies of the application, proof of delivery, etc. if you don't.

BUT then what happens with my pr? do I then have to apply once I receive my lmia? or what happens? do I have a certain amount of time to apply for pr once I receive me lmia approval?

If you are eligible now, you can apply now. The LMIA will give you extra points IF you also have a written offer of permanent employment from your employer. But you can apply without it, just you are more likely to get an ITA with it. The LMIA will be good for EE purposes as long as your new work permit is valid. But you wouldn't have to worry about that, if you have an LMIA and are eligible, you'll proabaly get the ITA with the next round of invitations...

SAJ_ee2015

Jul 4, 2015
doobie.doobie said:
It would be easy for you to apply PNP in your province. Once you file your PNP and until a decision is reached you can work and stay in Canada. after you are nominated you can extend your work permit.
One has to keep his work permit valid until get nominated by province.

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
SAJ_ee2015 said:
One has to keep his work permit valid until get nominated by province.
No sir!
You go on implied status beacuse decision on your application is pending. But, it depends on what province they are applying for.

larderland

May 3, 2015
With this whole process.. Will there be any issue with my noc code, I'm finding it near on impossible to find one for my job, I had found one that matches my job 100% but it's not available on the or application, they still have it online but not as an option when doing express entry

Thanks again for all the help, the last few days have been crazy

questionsasked

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
larderland said:
With this whole process.. Will there be any issue with my noc code, I'm finding it near on impossible to find one for my job, I had found one that matches my job 100% but it's not available on the or application, they still have it online but not as an option when doing express entry

Thanks again for all the help, the last few days have been crazy
If you can't find one, just ask your HR. They should have one for your position!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
larderland said:
Can't help more if you don't provide the actual NOC code, but I suspect that maybe you found the codes from the NOC version 2006, and EE is using the updated NOC version 2011. Unfortunately, you have to chose the best NOC from v 2011...