+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help please forgot to write my name on citizenship photos

medoo

Star Member
Jan 5, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I forgot to write our name on citizenship photos, it's a family applicant.
Will do you think my case be rejected?
Any similar situation..?
What should I do now ?

Last edited:

crystalyue

Dec 19, 2016
I forgot to write our name on citizenship photos, it's a family applicant.
Will do you think my case be rejected?
Any similar situation..?
What should I do now ?
They will probably just ask you to send in new pictures signed with the names on the back. I would get that prepared in case it is asked for and send it in right away.

Reactions: medoo

medoo

Star Member
Jan 5, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you bro
They will probably just ask you to send in new pictures signed with the names on the back. I would get that prepared in case it is asked for and send it in right away.

dony

Jun 4, 2012
Guys if the application is send back for being incomplete, you just have to add the new photos with the name of the back or you have to fill new forms all over again ?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Guys if the application is send back for being incomplete, you just have to add the new photos with the name of the back or you have to fill new forms all over again ?
Same photos will be fine so long as it was taken with last 6 months of submitting application

Reactions: medoo and dony

robw

Mar 10, 2014

According to the guide, so long as the date on your application is no older than 90 days from the day they receive it, you will be fine. That is, if you get your application back in a month or two and you send it back right away, you can use the same forms. If it's 3 months before you get the forms back, then you have to submit updated forms with a newer date.

Use the same photos as before. They are valid for 6 months.

Reactions: dony

wargo

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Hope in January 2013
No need to print your name. Only the name of the photographer should be on the back :

• Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos
  • Print the name of the person on the back of the photos.

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
No need to print your name. Only the name of the photographer should be on the back :

• Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos
So, if they asked for the name of the photographer/studio here: Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos,
it is clear that "Print the name of the person on the back of the photos" refers to the person in the picture.

robw

Mar 10, 2014

Uh huh...and which "person" do you think they might be talking about?! Your neighbour?

Reactions: CAforCA and pepe84

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Uh huh...and which "person" do you think they might be talking about?! Your neighbour?
lol

@medoo I read on this forum that if you're a single applicant (as opposed to family applications), forgetting to write your name on the back of photos should not be an issue. Some people reported their applications got accepted in the past. That being said, it is still up to the officer screening your file in Sydney. They can return it for whatever reason they see fit.

Nothing you can do now, just wait for AOR.

Reactions: medoo

wargo

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Hope in January 2013
So, if they asked for the name of the photographer/studio here: Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos,
it is clear that "Print the name of the person on the back of the photos" refers to the person in the picture.

I called CIC in the past they said the person name refer to the photographer name , not the applicant name.

That’s why it’s not funny.

wargo

Star Member
Apr 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
not yet
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Yet
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Hope in January 2013
Uh huh...and which "person" do you think they might be talking about?! Your neighbour?[/QUOTE

It’s not funny at all.

Call the CIC and you will know which person.

robw

Mar 10, 2014
I called CIC in the past they said the person name refer to the photographer name , not the applicant name.

That’s why it’s not funny.
Yes, they DO want the name of photographer. That's clearly covered under this bullet point:
And the name of the applicant is covered under this bullet point:
I can't believe we're arguing over something this obvious. Some of the people who post here are really quite dense.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...I agree with razerblade. If you're a single applicant, it's probably not a huge deal since there is no confusion about who the photo is of. If it's a family application, they won't be able to know which applicant is which, and that would create a problem on their end. Either way, we don't know how Sydney will process these problems. Time will tell. I would say, for those of you who applied Single, don't worry too much about it.

To those who are about to apply, don't listen to the guy above...obviously, you need to write the name of the person in the photo so that the officer knows who exactly they're looking at. It's really just basic logic.