+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help please experts advised required critical situation

RA007

Aug 14, 2014
Thanks in advance for the experts looking at my query.

I am fortunate to have a word from my employer that they will process my LMIA and PNP simultaneously.

Current status expiry - APril 13th 2015.

If it will take a week to post the job, say Feb 28th. I need to wait until march 28th for applying for LMIA....!!!!!

Now my issue is, how can I stay with legal status and work for the same employer??

I called up the LMIA process center, the said that they will take 8-9 business days for screening and 8-12 weeks for processing application. I don't have that much time.

Coming to PNP it will be the same issue and I don't have many hopes over this as this will be not EE PNP route is not yet activated in Ontario.

I don't know what to do..... I am going crazy.

One my friend suggested that drop paper based work permit to CIC in first week of April and I will be in implied status, where my existing immigration status will be ok to work. as they will take 3 months for review... in the mean time if positive LMIA will be issued (hopefully), then I can update my work permit file..... do you guys think that this will be ok.... can I work during this time.

Please let me know if you have any better idea or any suggestion.

I gone through much hassle to convince my employer.

Thanks guys.

Appreciate your help.

FYI - My current score is 497 and NOC code will be 1122.
qualified under CEC and FSW.

A big thank you guys.

Malik87

Feb 24, 2015
pnp is a long wait and if you are in ontario it takes 8 months roughly but lmia usually takes 10 days for high wage positions. And the other thing related to posting for job i think if you already have a job you dont need to advertise again but i am nit sure on this

RA007

Aug 14, 2014
Malik87 said:
pnp is a long wait and if you are in ontario it takes 8 months roughly but lmia usually takes 10 days for high wage positions. And the other thing related to posting for job i think if you already have a job you dont need to advertise again but i am nit sure on this

thanks your reply Malik.

According to new rules... if your job is not LMIA approved, then u should post the job.

Yeah I am kind off ruling the option regards to PNP

Malik87

Feb 24, 2015
If your employer will post the job again and suppose new candidates who are canadians applied to it than what will be the outcome?