+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: PGWP

Oct 10, 2019
Hi guys. I studied for 7 months doing a post-graduate certificate. York University said its equivalent to one academic year. Will I be eligible for a PGWP? Has anybody experienced the same thing? Please enlighten me, I am really scared. I didn't opt for a second course because I had previous work experience. Thank you

star.igg

Star Member
Sep 14, 2019
Hi guys. I studied for 7 months doing a post-graduate certificate. York University said its equivalent to one academic year. Will I be eligible for a PGWP? Has anybody experienced the same thing? Please enlighten me, I am really scared. I didn't opt for a second course because I had previous work experience. Thank you
To obtain a post-graduation work permit, the applicant must currently hold valid temporary status or have left Canada. They must have graduated from an eligible designated learning institution (DLI). They must also submit clear evidence that they meet all of the following criteria:

• They have completed an academic, vocational or professional training program at an eligible institution in Canada that is at least 8 months in duration leading to a degree, diploma or certificate.
You can still apply because you never know!

Source:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/eligibility.html

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Was the 7 month course an accelerated course that would normally be a year long course ? Ultimately it will likely be based on what the completion letter implies whether it says specifcally a 7 month course or a one year course. If implies just 7 months then unlkely a PGWP would be granted but can always try applying.