+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP: Outland Sponsorship Thinking Of Moving Back Before PR Confirmation

Elenamomo

Apr 13, 2017
Hello all,,,

1st my thanks to the website...although I hadn´t registered in the past, I used it extensively when preparing the initial PR request to the federal government.

My situation....

I´ve been confirmed as a sponsor for hubby and am now in the process of doing the Quebec forms.

We live in Spain and after reading so many frustrated posts concerning the wait times I´m starting to wonder whether moving back to Quebec now with my husband and 5 year old child (our son is already a canadian citizen).

I´ve read that Outland Applicants can live in Canada while the PR application is being processed......

I´m wondering if anyone has gone through this transition......

if moving to Canada complicated matters with CIC.....

and the process one has to go through should we pack up and decide to go to Quebec prior to the official confirmation.

Police certificates have already been sent and with a clean record I can´t see any obstacles other than the waiting time.

My biggest concern is my child´s schooling....he´s finishing his 3 year preschool term in June 2017 and my wish is for him to be registered in September 2017 in a Canadian school.

Things are bleak in Spain and I don´t want my son´s transition to an anglophone/francophone country to be made more difficult the longer he stays here.

Any feedback would be welcomed....

Thanks...Elena