+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!! Option-C Printout question

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Hello everyone!
Just a quick question...

My family, back in Canada, cannot obtain my Option-C printout for me. Revenue Canada says I have to call and they gave them the phone number of 1-613-952-3741. I am currently overseas. I tried calling it, at 10am time down east, and the number does not call through??? I checked the CR website and couldn't even find anything with 'option-c' in the site.

Has anyone ordered an option-c printout from overseas??? And if so, HOW???

frolic

Jul 21, 2008
I checked and the number 613-952-3741 is the number they list on their site to call outside Canada and the U.S. It is a very busy line it seems, rings busy all the time. The instructions do say to call collect as well.

always

Jul 22, 2008
Hi Canthai,

I didn't experience this but this is just a suggestion.

Try sending your request through fax # 1 613 941 2505.

Hope this will help...

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Thanks always,
I sent the fax, like you mentioned, but I was doubtful that this would work. I found out that you must request, by phone, your Option-C printout. They asked me a few questions regarding personal information. I guess the questions are for security purposes since they send personal tax information, even though it goes to your home??? Whatever!

Anyways, I finally got through since the Telus operator told me she was bored at work so she continued the call until it was answered. It took 15 minutes, haha!

foggie

Aug 29, 2008
I'm so glad I found this forum and this question!

I am a Canadian citizen and have lived and worked in the UK for 5 years. I am a declared non-resident in Canada for tax purposes. Do I still need to show an Option C Notice of Assessment!? I'm sponsoring my British husband to immigrate to Canada.

I have all my UK pay details and the tax I have paid here to submit.

Insight would be greatly appreciated! I have ordered the Notice of Assessment today, but we are ready to send in the application and I don't want to hold it up to wait for that if its not necessary. We need to move to Canada very soon.

Many thanks.

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
foggie,
I don't know the answer to your question but if you start a new topic someone knowledgeable may help you. All I know is that the Option-C printout was required for my situation, but I haven't been living exclusively outside of Canada like yourself.

Good luck!

canthai

skokica

Jan 26, 2008
canthai said:
Hello everyone!
Just a quick question...

My family, back in Canada, cannot obtain my Option-C printout for me. Revenue Canada says I have to call and they gave them the phone number of 1-613-952-3741. I am currently overseas. I tried calling it, at 10am time down east, and the number does not call through??? I checked the CR website and couldn't even find anything with 'option-c' in the site.

Has anyone ordered an option-c printout from overseas??? And if so, HOW???
Try calling 001-613-952-3741. Hope that will work for you.

Ohh didn't noticed you got through already. =)

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
Ok, so I finally got it mailed to my home in Canada, then mailed to me abroad...
Nowhere does it say 'Option-C' on the forms. I hope this is what I need since I told Revenue Canada to send me an Option-C printout for 2007. It says... 'Income Tax Return Information-Regular' at the top and has all these coded tax lines regarding tax information and schedules.

Can anyone verify for me that this is what they got from RC??

canthai

reisender

Nov 4, 2008
canthai said:
Ok, so I finally got it mailed to my home in Canada, then mailed to me abroad...
Nowhere does it say 'Option-C' on the forms. I hope this is what I need since I told Revenue Canada to send me an Option-C printout for 2007. It says... 'Income Tax Return Information-Regular' at the top and has all these coded tax lines regarding tax information and schedules.

Can anyone verify for me that this is what they got from RC??

canthai
I read somewhere that they stress "not from Revenue Canada, but from the Canada Revenue Agency"

thaihubbie

Sep 6, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-12-2010
File Transfer...
29-01-11
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
29-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2011
When I called CIC (got a call centre agent) about the necessity of an Option C Form if I am applying to sponsor my husband and I have been working overseas for the past 5 years they told me to write N/A Non Applicable and to explain on a separate sheet of paper. They didn't ask me if 'I had been living outside of Canada exclusively' or not. This part seems unclear to me...?
ideas?

canthai

Star Member
Jul 30, 2008
reisender said:
I read somewhere that they stress "not from Revenue Canada, but from the Canada Revenue Agency"
reisender,
At the top of my Option-C printout it states "Canada Revenue Agency".

canthai