+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help* Open Spouse Work Permit

Mina W

Nov 30, 2019
Hi everyone! I got the introduction letter from the Canadian government that my application to study in Canada has been approved.
My college admission is September this year.
Do I have to obtain a physical copy of my study permit on hand before my husband make his SOWP application online? As he is planning to apply outside Canada before my school starts.

Thank you for your help!

Last edited:

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Hi everyone! I got the letter from the Canadian government that my application to study in Canada has been approved.
My college admission is September this year.
Do I have to obtain a physical copy of my study permit on hand before my husband make his SOWP application online? As he is planning to apply outside Canada before my school starts.

Thank you for your help!
whats your time line?and where you applied from.? was application SDS

Mina W

Nov 30, 2019
whats your time line?and where you applied from.? was application SDS
My husband will apply for the SOWP in the US as he currently stays there. If the hard copy of student permit is not required, he will apply soon.

Sorry, what do you mean SDS?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

My husband will apply for the SOWP in the US as he currently stays there. If the hard copy of student permit is not required, he will apply soon.

Sorry, what do you mean SDS?
1. Since you haven't started school as yet, it is doubtful that a SOWP would be issued this far out your start.