+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help: Online App, received request to send passport, approved?

travelerguy

Feb 22, 2014
Hi,

Did all of everyone who receive the letter got approved Visa?
I also got the same letter, no approved or reject message. It's just asking for my passport.
also, i got the letter in less than 24 hours after i submitted my application online.

thank you so much

philhad

Sep 25, 2013
From what I read here, if you get a letter to send your passport then it means you got approves. They wouldn't ask to send the passport for nothing

vasusood200

Oct 10, 2013
Amritsar,India
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2014
IELTS Request
6.5 Bands
Med's Request
Pre-Medical
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2014
I applied for online TRV (Study Permit) on February 27,2014 and received passport request on March 4
Which included following details :

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.

Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.

I am not sure,what does this email mean? I am quite tensed.

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: tikesh.3

anks101

Feb 5, 2014
It means you need to send your passport for visa stamping. They must receive the passport within 30 days of sending that letter. Follow the link in PDF for address and instructions about where to send it.

vasusood200 said:
I applied for online TRV (Study Permit) on February 27,2014 and received passport request on March 4
Which included following details :

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.

Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.

I am not sure,what does this email mean? I am quite tensed.

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated.

pdeval

Apr 5, 2014
I am at the same state and I am really confused about the next step now.

After our online applications were processed, CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada) made a request (via their website) to submit our passports to the address listed here:

cic.gc.ca/submit

I sent it to the LA address.

Our passports were returned today and we were asked to refer to another website and send it to a different address - a Visa Application Center.

csc-cvac.com/en-US/selfservice/cvac_welcome

When I go there, it's not clear what I have to submit after an online application has been processed and a request for passports has been made by the CIC. Do I just mail it to them with a return envelope (like I had done initially)? Do I have to make additional payments? It's not clear from either link what the correct next step is.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

RuchiWalia

Oct 7, 2016
Hi.. My sister applied for study visa and submitted paper application.. Later we linked application online and got refusal letter last week .. Today when she went to VFS for PP collection, they said its still in process.. She never received mail to come and collect PP and only communication is through her online account.. This is her second application.. Anyone experienced this? What could be the reason and when can we collect PP?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
There were some technical glitches in the IRCC online system recently. As she has received a refusal letter, it is a refusal and will not be in progress. She could email the visa office to inquire about her passport

Farah611818

Jun 28, 2017
Hi.. My sister applied for study visa and submitted paper application.. Later we linked application online and got refusal letter last week .. Today when she went to VFS for PP collection, they said its still in process.. She never received mail to come and collect PP and only communication is through her online account.. This is her second application.. Anyone experienced this? What could be the reason and when can we collect PP?
Did she get the refusal letter after passport submission?

tahminaml

Oct 19, 2015
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront 11.02.17
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2017
Passport Req..
10-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-09-2017
LANDED..........
03-03-2018
Hi guys how long does Singapore vo takes to reply to our email. They asked to send my passport but I need an extension.