Help....One year Gap in my profile

Raaga

Apr 1, 2014
My profile is
10th-95%
12th-87%
Subjects-Physics,chemistry,biology,english and music
IELTS- 8 overall
Accepted by-University of British Columbia ,University of Waterloo, University of Alberta and University of Toronto
I will go to University of British Columbia for Bachelor of Arts in pyschology.
The problem is that I completed my 12 th grade in april,2013.Hence,I have a gap of one year. I did not work in this year ,just took part in some activities like swimming,cooking classes etc but I have no proof for these as such. Will I need to justify this one year gap? Will this lower my chances of getting a visa? How can I justify this gap as I did no work ?

Open to all frank and valid opinions ....! Thankx :)

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Will this lower my chances of getting a visa? How can I justify this gap as I did no work ?
Write in the forms for that period - unemployed ,and in your SOP to VO justify it like you were not sure what to do next and took a break to think about it. Stayed at home helping your mother going to different courses (you should have couple of "certificates" from them), and now you know what you would like to do (to go to study in Canada). :)

vash021

Star Member
Mar 28, 2014
Sundeep(Punjab said:
1 to 1.5 year Gap is acceptable... In many countries student take break to think about their future study program!! Write in SOP!!!
how about 6 years?
no related work just call center

spycyhrtforu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Don't worry, you were not wasting time, sitting at home and doing nothing. You can easily convince the visa office about your 1 year gap. Your chances of getting rejection are almost bare. Best of luck