+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help on status change

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, my BGC got updated. I am almost certain it is IP2. But what worries me is the eligibility review. I do not understand why CIC would ask to pay the RPRF, then change BGC to IP2 all the while the eligibility is not yet completedt. Can anyone advise on what I should make of the eligibility part. TIA

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.

Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

+Hummingbird+

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
The AOR > Med > IP1 > NA2 > (eligibility) > IP2 is not set in stone (and has only ever been anecdotal); do not get hung up on this if your application doesn't fit this 100%.

It's probably going to be fine.

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks @+Hummingbird+. However I am not getting hung up on this and I realise there is not rule as to the sequence of updates by CIC. But until I see eligibility passed I will worry because that alone pretty much determines if I will be granted PR since the security screening part is not reven remotely a concern for me. The reason of my post is to find out if others have received PPR with the eligibility review wording remaining the same as above (i.e. still under review).

+Hummingbird+

Star Member
Mar 14, 2017
I don't know of anyone whose eligibility status ever changed, except perhaps after COPR was granted. Mine remains 'under review' technically but I have received PPR.

Another example - many/all PPR recipients have their IP2 text still in when they receive PPR.

Reactions: johnmunch

blingyrie

May 10, 2017
I don't know of anyone whose eligibility status ever changed, except perhaps after COPR was granted. Mine remains 'under review' technically but I have received PPR.

Another example - many/all PPR recipients have their IP2 text still in when they receive PPR.
Hello, so my bg is still at "not applicable" whereas I got "we do not need additional documents" today. Pls any idea what this means and what stage I may be at?? Tnx

karens

Jul 15, 2017
Hello, so my bg is still at "not applicable" whereas I got "we do not need additional documents" today. Pls any idea what this means and what stage I may be at?? Tnx
You are one step behind IP2 now, so I guess your now in NA2. Within 2-15 days your status should change to IP2 provided all your documents are fine. Good luck.

numberone

Jul 26, 2017
My PPR email directly sent to my email address but I have no changes at all in my account. CIC have contacted me through my account so far, so I am concerned that the email is spam. It has all my info but I want to make sure if it is common to receive direct emails from CIC.

karens

Jul 15, 2017
My PPR email directly sent to my email address but I have no changes at all in my account. CIC have contacted me through my account so far, so I am concerned that the email is spam. It has all my info but I want to make sure if it is common to receive direct emails from CIC.
When did you receive your PPR mail?? Share the senders email address. Write the timeline here so that members can better understand your scenario. And do not forget to write the stream (CEC, FSW or PNP) as well.

karens

Jul 15, 2017
Please see the email below. Also, do the dependents get separate PPR? If not, and if the email below is real, do we send all applicants' documents in one envelope?

From: "CPCO-FinalRequest / CTDO-DemandeFinale (CIC) " <IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>
Date: Jul 25, 2017 2:46 PM
Subject: Ready for Visa / Prêt pour Visa
To: "my email address"
Cc:

My UCI and Application numbers (Both are correct)

Dear "My Name",

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

Step 1:
Step2:
Step 3:
Step 4:
If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:

- The Self-Addressed pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.

- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:

CPC – Ottawa – PR

365 Laurier Avenue West

Ottawa ON K1A 1L1

COMPLETE ANNEX A FOUND AT THE END OF THIS DOCUMENT AND SUBMIT IT WITH YOUR DOCUMENTS.

Regards,

Case Processing Centre – Ottawa

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Government of Canada

www.cic.gc.ca

There are free online and in-person services offered by designated settlement service providers that you and your family may be able to access to help prepare you for life in Canada. Visit our website to learn more http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp.

*************************************************************************************

Where is your timeline like when was ur eAOR, IP1, NA, IP2 etc. Please share your timeline as well.

Macedon90

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
You are one step behind IP2 now, so I guess your now in NA2. Within 2-15 days your status should change to IP2 provided all your documents are fine. Good luck.
Hi Karens .
I don t know if you could tell me but on my wife file we notice change to day on the Review of additional Documents : before was we do not need documents to day change to Not Applicable, do you know if this a good sign or
Application was sent May 24 VO its VIENNA they got the application August 2 BGC in progress