+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help on spouse PR

nicck99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Hi guys,

I am PR of canada. My wife lives in india she doesnt have any Indian govt ID proof which says that wife of mine... All the documents are on unmarried status. When we applied for PCC from india on married status they ask any govt id which contains my name. My question is this can we apply on single status of her as all the documents are on single. we have only marriage certificate. anybody has an idea??

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi guys,

I am PR of canada. My wife lives in india she doesnt have any Indian govt ID proof which says that wife of mine... All the documents are on unmarried status. When we applied for PCC from india on married status they ask any govt id which contains my name. My question is this can we apply on single status of her as all the documents are on single. we have only marriage certificate. anybody has an idea??
I for one do not understand your question, either what you are trying to do or how it matters.

As far as Canada is concerned (generally) marriage certificate is sufficient to prove you are married. [There may be some specific cases/countries where more is expected but not India as far as I'm aware.]

When you say "they ask any govt id" which contains your name, who is 'they'?

nicck99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
I for one do not understand your question, either what you are trying to do or how it matters.

As far as Canada is concerned (generally) marriage certificate is sufficient to prove you are married. [There may be some specific cases/countries where more is expected but not India as far as I'm aware.]

When you say "they ask any govt id" which contains your name, who is 'they'?
they means Indian’s officials….

Nyash

Jun 8, 2022
Hi guys,

Hi, I did get my PCC from India, and I dont think they asked me for any govt. ID with my spouse's name. They will ask for you marriage cert., which you must carry with you when you go for your PCC appointment.